Skip to main content

Score Me Some Color

So I'm going out of order, but o-well.  This is what I feel like talking about tonight.  lol.

This past Saturday was AWESOME!  It was also pretty crazy because we got home from Pismo Beach at 8:00 pm Friday night, attempted to unpack, vacuum the nasty road trip car out, and get our home organized/livable AND get to bed at a decent hour since we had to be up at 5:30 to head to San Francisco for The Color Run.

I heard about this 5K a few months ago, thought it sounded awesome and put a group together so we could get a little bit of a discount.  Our team name was "Score Me Some Color."  It wasn't until after we had signed up that Jeff's Pismo Trip got pushed back to the week before and we also got tickets with our families to see Les Miserables the same day!  Needless to say it was crazy.  But somehow - with the help of some awesome friends - we made it all work.

We showed up to Candlestick Park in SF bright and early.  Here we are pre-color waiting to get started!


The run itself went pretty well.  I haven't ran in... a few months and the hubs doesn't have much time for running either so we were kind of wimps about it all.  Luckily our friend April is a ROCKSTAR and pushed us the entire time.  She was dodging in and out of people like a pro! With her help we ran the whole thing with the exception of one pause where we lost each other because of the massive could of color.


Here we are at the end.  I felt like I had so much more color than that.  I even tried to get colored at each station, but we barely had anything compared to a lot of people.  Then again, some people were rolling around on the ground trying to get more color.  It really was a fun run.  I like how you had something to look forward to at every K, it helped keep me going since I could see the next station I knew I could run there.


Here is a look back at the finish line.  There were literally THOUSANDS of people at this event.  It did make me feel pretty cool though because we passed a lot of people, but it was madness!


Here is the team again at the end all colorful!  We all had a great time!  I hope they come back again next year!


The best part was probably when we found our car.  When we pulled into the lot we were mainly thinking "How can we get out fast" since we had to get ready for the Matinee show.  We got there early enough that we could pick basically anywhere we wanted so we chose a nice spot on the side.  Please note: at this time there were no barricades or markers indicating that we would be running near the car LET ALONE that it would be right where the 4K color station would be located.  No flags, No ropes, No Nothing!  As we got closer and closer the orange blob started to appear and then we soon recognized it as our car!  Every single person literally ran  right past our car.


Yup!  There it is!  Now we see the flags, thanks for that!  Those would have been helpful about an hour ago!  O-well, we thought it was pretty funny, especially since our car got WAY more color than we did!


Needless to say, on our way to our friends house (to shower and get ready for the show) we pulled into a car wash and got it de-colored.  Here I am enjoying an amazing Nutella, Strawberry and Banana Crepe while we wait for the car to be washed. I had never really had one before and let me tell you, this puppy was AMAZING!  And because of it I bought some Nutella for the first time at Costco today and I think I am going to bust out the Crepe maker we got for our wedding - which may or may not still be sealed in the box - and make myself another one tomorrow.  Seriously, SOOOO GOOD!!


I am so glad we did this 5K!  It really was such a blast! The best part was having the hubs at my side the whole time.  I honestly think this was actually the first time we have ever run together.  It was fun!  We should do it more often (for more reasons that one, lol)!  It was an awesome start to an awesome day!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Light of the World

I was asked to give a talk yesterday in church.  Kinda daunting knowing it was Christmas Sunday, but I think it went pretty well.  I like remembering my talk so I'm throwing it up here mainly for my own record.  But maybe it will bless the lives of others too.  I hope you all have a very Merry Christmas and that the Light of Christ will be upon you and radiate from you now and forever. Jesus Christ: The Light of the World Rebecca’s talk given on 12/20/2015 Jesus Christ.  Can a topic be any broader? I have spent a lot of time over the last 6 weeks trying to decide what direction I wanted to go and I kept going back to the same thought, Jesus is the light of the world.  This is not an insignificant statement, but very profound and very important.  Let’s start from the beginning. Many Prophets have testified of the fact that Jesus Christ is the light of the world long before the Savior was even born.  The very first sign of his bir...

Because God Love's Us

  How is Christ’s Birth Significant to me Talk on 12/20/2020 Good Morning Brothers and Sisters & Merry Christmas!   Heavenly Father must know my preferred method for giving a talk is procrastinating because I have been called to fill in last minute on many occasions.   However, this is the first time it’s happened on Christmas Sunday.   But I am happy to be here with you and I’m so grateful for technology that allows us to meet and worship together, especially during this Christmas season.   I’m not gonna lie, this is weird speaking on zoom.   I much prefer being together and making eye contact with you and seeing your encouraging smiles.   So please bear with any awkwardness I may have.   When initially asked to speak, Brother Smith gave me the topic of “How Christ’s birth is significant to me.”   My initial response was, could that topic be any broader?   But then gratefully he followed it up with “Particularly from the prosp...

Kid's Talks

  Riley’s Primary Talk on Baptism 3/15/20 Today I want to talk on Baptism.   Being baptized is a commandment from Heavenly Father.   We have to be baptized to make it back to Him.   Even Jesus Christ was baptized.   If Jesus Christ was baptized we should be baptized too.   When we turn 8 years old we can choose to follow Jesus Christ’s example and be baptized too.   When we are baptized and confirmed we become members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.     If you have already been baptized, you should remember the covenants, or promises you made.   If you have not been baptized, you should study and pray and keep the commandments so that when you turn 8 years old you will be ready. We should all remember how important baptism is.   I am really excited I get to be baptized next year.   In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen Faith Parker’s Talk   2/16/20   Today, my talk is going to be about f...