Well Folks, I did it. I competed in my first Triathlon. And I didn't do half bad if I do say so myself. When you take into account that I did little to no training, I'm pretty darn proud of my time. I went swimming I think 3 times this summer. The last time I biked was at least 5 years ago. And running, I trained for 3 weeks. My goal time was 1 hr 40 mins which was a total shot in the dark, but I'm happy to say that I did indeed beat my goal time! Not too bad for a first timer.


Swim = 7:15 Bike = 54:31


Run = 28:30 Finish = 1:33:27
I am so glad I did this. It was a ton of fun and I learned quite a bit. For example:
- Road bike vs. a mountain bike when racing makes a MAJOR difference (I had a mountain bike)
- You can be 50 years old and in awesome shape. (I don't really want to tell you how many over 50 beat me.)
- After riding a bike for 12 miles for the first time in 5 years, your legs will feel like Jello and make it almost impossible to run.
- It feels amazing to be cheered for and I need to cheer others more often in all aspects of life.
- Life is hard, but we can do hard things!

This really was a great race! I'm planning on doing it again next year. Thanks to these awesome girls for letting me be a part of their group. It was so fun to do it with friends!
Comments