I had TONS of ideas that I wanted to use/make this Halloween. I was able to get 2 done which I guess is better than none. I'm pretty excited about it them!
Here is the first one, our Milk Jug Ghosts. I got the idea here.

P's favorite are the Shocked ones.
I love these for a lot of reasons:
The first is that it is a fun new tradition. P had so much fun with these and he couldn't even really help yet. Every time we finished off another jug of milk he would get so excited to make another "Ghost-es" as he calls them. He would help me decide what kind of face to put on it, happy, sad, shocked, etc; and then watch with intent as I colored them. He loved helping me do this which means he will love it even more when he can draw faces on themselves.
The second reason, they take up no storage space! I LOVE having holiday decor, but I HATE storing it. This is something we can do every year and then toss them when Halloween is over. WOO HOO!
The third reason, they are free!! Recycle, reuse, reduce! I'm feeling so Eco-friendly. lol. But really, just made out of something you usually toss anyway and a string of Christmas lights, I think most people have those. You could also use the orange Halloween lights and make them more like Jack-o-lanterns than ghost, that would be fun too!
The third reason, they are just fun. P would get so excited to turn them on each night and would go outside and count down for me to plug them in. He would also get so excited when we would drive home at night and they would be glowing. He would say "Look at our Ghost-es! They are glowing!" And then he would jump out of the car, run straight over to them and count them over and over until we would make him come inside.
These were a hit with our fam! So we will most definitely do them again next year!
The next one is made out of mason jars. Also reused ... wow, I really am Eco-friendly. lol. This one I have wanted to do for almost a year, so I was really excited when it was finally time to make them. I got the ideas here, and here thanks to Pinterest.

I LOVE how these came out and Jeff does too which makes me feel pretty good about myself. lol. I actually have 2 more Jack-o-lantern ones to make and maybe a spider too. We'll see. You may think I got a little carried away, and maybe I did, but I love them and again, they were pretty much free to make. They are awesome for lighting up the walk way, a widow sill, a mantel, or pretty much anywhere your little heart desires. The only bummer is that you do actually have to store them between holidays, but I think I can make it work. Don't you think they are pretty cool?
And I just made these tonight for a little Halloween game to play with the kiddos tomorrow. Made out of reused tin cans. Fun and I don't really care what happens to them because yet again, they were free!

I wish I was able to get a few more Halloween crafts done, but I guess that just means now I can do them next year! Now onto the Thanksgiving crafts!
Hope you have a very Happy Halloween! Be safe!!
Comments
I had to tell you how amazing you are. I loved your post from your tria-a-thalon (i hope thats what it was called) whatever it was you are amazing. Great mom, you do fun things for you and run/bike/swim like crazy---amazing! Thanks for the great example and inspiration. Love you!