Yet again, I'm starting with the most recent and working my way back.
I guess the title of this post could actually have double meaning.
You see, we don't have cable so we spend a lot of time on Netflix. We ran out of our favorite shows to watch and decided to start up Lost and see first hand what all the hype was about. Neither Jeff or I are still sure if we actually like the show or not, but we sure are hooked. I'm pretty sure we have gone through the first 3 seasons in one month. We are talking at least 3 episodes a night.
Ridiculous... I think so. But either way, we are watching.
I think the reason we are hooked now is because we have so many questions and we keep hoping each season will answer our questions but no... it just gives you more question. Anyway, at the rate we are going, we will probably be done in 2 or 3 weeks.
I know, we are pathetic.
But I feel a little better about the fact that we made a rule that we are not allowed to watch anything until we have studies our scriptures together. We have been going strong for 2 weeks now without missing a day! I'm proud. And can I tell you how amazing it feels to crawl into bed and not have to feel guilty or try and read one quick scripture together and pretend you got something out of it. We are actually studying together, having discussion, asking questions, really feasting upon the word and it is AWESOME! You should try it (or you probably are all way better than me and already do it and now you all know i'm not perfect, shoot!)
ANYWAY... onto what this post is supposed to be about,
A Family Outing to the CORN MAZE!!!

While I lived in Utah I was introduced to Corn Mazes. I LOVED it! Cornbelly's is amazing, btw. So much to do there. Well, I kinda fell in love with it and made it a Halloween tradition. We went every year after that. I was pretty bummed last Halloween when we didn't get to go, but this year I did some research. Did you know there are actually a few in the area ... and by area I mean an hour-ish away. So last weekend we decided to take the kiddos to G & M Farms in Livermore. It was a blasty blast!

I'm pretty sure there is not much kids love more than running around in the mud.

Em did great for the first little bit. She loved chasing Parker of course. She kept finding chunks of mud, picking them up and running to me frantically saying "Icky, icky!" Such a silly girl. By the second half she was pretty much done, but she stuck it out to the end.
P was Hilarious! Anytime we would get to a fork in the path he would point and say "This way, or this way? This way, OK!!!" And take off running. There were also signs every once in a while to let you know you were going the right way & to give you a hint as to where to go next. Anytime we found one we got so excited and would say "Look! A sign, now we can talk to it." Have I told you lately how much I love this kid?
You cant have a corn maze without a pumpkin patch.
The kids had fun checking out all the pumpkins. They sat on them, picked them up, dropped them (oops), and even counted them. Thanks to the dollar store, we got some awesome pumpkins that were almost identical to these.

Me and P rode on this awesome cow train. It was actually a really good ride, thanks to Paige, our cow. We drove through the corn and they made a little up and down roller-coaster type part that you got to do not one but two times! So making the $4 worth it right? Note to self, don't assume all the kids stuff is free just because it was at the last place you went to (another reason why Cornbelly's was awesome). Along those lines, another note to self, don't get your child excited about riding on the train before you know how much it cost. But really, P loved it. I would even fork out the dough to take him on it again.

We of course had to take a picture next to the traditional "How tall this fall?" sign.

Em was pretty excited about that 2. She kept saying "Two, Two!"
Who knew she even knew what a 2 was.


Comments