Skip to main content

Still Around . . .

Well, despite my best efforts, I'm still around. No baby yet. I keep reminding myself that the longer she is in there the bigger and stronger she is getting; and big babies are healthy babies (and cuter babies in my opinion). But I'm not gonna lie, I don't really want to push another 9+ lb baby out of me. On the positive side, I have been feeling great lately. This is good because I'm not suffering every moment of the day like I was before, but not good because it makes me feel like she is not coming anytime soon. With P I didn't feel awful until the day I went into labor, so now that I'm feeling good again, who knows when she will decide to make her appearance.

Here is me and my best friend Lindsey after her baby shower.
I'm 38 Weeks and she is 36 Weeks.


I had pretty much my first breakdown of this pregnancy this week after my appointment. You see, Friday Night we almost went to the hospital. We were driving home from SLC and contractions came on pretty hard and pretty frequently. I was really surprised because with Parker I didn't feel any contractions until after my water broke. We made it home and decided to pack the bag and start timing them. Well, once I got up and moving around I felt fine. I could tell I was still having contractions, but they didn't hurt like they did while I was in the car. So Jeff gave me a blessing and we decided to go to bed. I fully expected to wake up in a puddle, but that didn't happen. So since then I have been taking it one day at a time, hoping and expecting this little lady to come at any moment.

So I go to my appointment Monday expecting them to say I have made so much progress, especially since I had been having so many contractions. The week before was a good appointment because they said the head was REALLY LOW. So they go to check me this week and all of the sudden couldn't even tell if she was head down. So they sent me to get and ultrasound to make sure and it turns out she is head down, she just decided she liked being higher rather than lower I guess. Since she wasn't low enough they couldn't check anything and I left rather bummed and still kinda worried about her. I know I shouldn't be, especially because Parker did exactly the same thing. In fact, even when we got to the hospital they weren't sure if he was head down so they did another ultrasound when we were admitted just to make sure. I guess my babies just like to be high, but it still worried me. So I came home and just cried and cried to Jeff. I know sounds silly, but those pregnancy hormones finally got to me. I forgot to mention that everyone was having problems in the office that day so I was there for 2 hours when I'm normally there for 20 to 30 minutes. That is really what put me over the top. And again, I'm just trying to remember and be grateful that everything is OK, and I can hang in there a little longer.

I'm still hoping, praying, and wishing she would come sooner rather than later. And I have continued to have contractions everyday. Still nothing like the ones last Friday, but I'm getting them, so hopefully, if I make it to my appointment Monday they can give me some good news, all these contractions have to be doing something right! I sure hope so but I guess I shouldn't get my hopes up. So we'll see what this weekend has in store for us, Friday is looking like a great day to have a baby to me. :) Until then, I'll try and be more patient.

I think I am a lot more eager for her to come then I was with Parker. That came out kind of weird, of course I was excited for him to come too, but now that I know what it is like having a little one and all that they add to your life, I'm just that much more anxious to meet her. To learn what she will be like and about her personality and to see what she looks like . . . I'm just so excited!

I'm going to have a little girl!!


In the mean time, we are just enjoying our last few days as a family of 3. Parker is cuter than ever. Seriously he is so silly, I just love him to pieces! We have been spending as much time as possible together and it has been lots of fun. We have gone on walks, played at the park, and of course at home too. It is still hard to imagine life with another one, and I'm still quite interested to see how Parker does with her here, but I know it can only get better! I can hardly wait! Hopefully my next post will be announcing her birth. :)

And here is the P-Man . . .

What a Stud!

Comments

DeFreese said…
hang in there!!!
heather said…
Absolutely love you darling - I'm glad you're feeling well! It would be a major disappointment if you felt awful and still not making progress. I'm excited for you and proud of you that you're still being positive! Way to go!

Popular posts from this blog

The Light of the World

I was asked to give a talk yesterday in church.  Kinda daunting knowing it was Christmas Sunday, but I think it went pretty well.  I like remembering my talk so I'm throwing it up here mainly for my own record.  But maybe it will bless the lives of others too.  I hope you all have a very Merry Christmas and that the Light of Christ will be upon you and radiate from you now and forever. Jesus Christ: The Light of the World Rebecca’s talk given on 12/20/2015 Jesus Christ.  Can a topic be any broader? I have spent a lot of time over the last 6 weeks trying to decide what direction I wanted to go and I kept going back to the same thought, Jesus is the light of the world.  This is not an insignificant statement, but very profound and very important.  Let’s start from the beginning. Many Prophets have testified of the fact that Jesus Christ is the light of the world long before the Savior was even born.  The very first sign of his bir...

Because God Love's Us

  How is Christ’s Birth Significant to me Talk on 12/20/2020 Good Morning Brothers and Sisters & Merry Christmas!   Heavenly Father must know my preferred method for giving a talk is procrastinating because I have been called to fill in last minute on many occasions.   However, this is the first time it’s happened on Christmas Sunday.   But I am happy to be here with you and I’m so grateful for technology that allows us to meet and worship together, especially during this Christmas season.   I’m not gonna lie, this is weird speaking on zoom.   I much prefer being together and making eye contact with you and seeing your encouraging smiles.   So please bear with any awkwardness I may have.   When initially asked to speak, Brother Smith gave me the topic of “How Christ’s birth is significant to me.”   My initial response was, could that topic be any broader?   But then gratefully he followed it up with “Particularly from the prosp...

Kid's Talks

  Riley’s Primary Talk on Baptism 3/15/20 Today I want to talk on Baptism.   Being baptized is a commandment from Heavenly Father.   We have to be baptized to make it back to Him.   Even Jesus Christ was baptized.   If Jesus Christ was baptized we should be baptized too.   When we turn 8 years old we can choose to follow Jesus Christ’s example and be baptized too.   When we are baptized and confirmed we become members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.     If you have already been baptized, you should remember the covenants, or promises you made.   If you have not been baptized, you should study and pray and keep the commandments so that when you turn 8 years old you will be ready. We should all remember how important baptism is.   I am really excited I get to be baptized next year.   In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen Faith Parker’s Talk   2/16/20   Today, my talk is going to be about f...