What's Her Name??I have had quite a few request on doing a Name Post, so I decided to do it before she comes, which is hopefully any day now.
But first of all, let me say Parker is alive and well. Sorry that I haven't talked about him lately, but he is doing great! Silly as ever and saying more and more things everyday. He is such a big boy now it amazes me everyday. And he never ceases to crack me up, this is his most recent trick:

I LOVE IT!! It cracks me up! He is such a goofball!
I'm starting to worry about how he will adjust to this little lady that will be joining our family any day now. At first I wasn't worried. I watched some of my friends babies pretty frequently and he was always so good as I played with them, fed them, and what not. But the other day we had some friends over and I was feeding their baby and Parker FREAKED OUT! He was crying and screaming and trying so hard to climb up my leg so I would hold him too. He wouldn't go to anyone else, not even Jeff. I eventually picked him up and had him sit on one leg while I fed the other baby on my other side (side note: try fitting 2 babies on your non-existent lap 8 months pregnant, quite the sight). Ever since this experience, I have been more worried about how this adjustment will be for him and for all of us for that matter.
For us the transition to parenthood went rather smoothly, but I hear the transition from one child to two is by far the hardest and I'm not gonna lie, I'm still scared to death. But I guess we will just take it one step at a time and it will all work out.
Now, as for this little lady, what will her name be seems to be the most popular question lately. If you don't remember, Jeff and I have a REALLY hard time naming our children. We still had a HUGE list of boys names when we went to the hospital and didn't end up naming him until about 12 hours after he was born. I'm hoping that it will be a little quicker this time around, but I would like to meet her and see her before we make any final decisions. We generally like less common names but not so uncommon that people have never heard of them or will ask how to spell it anytime it is said. That is why we liked Parker, everyone has heard of it, but there really aren't that many out there. With girls this was a lot harder for us because it seams like there is not really any middle ground, it is either super popular or super weird. We do however have it down to 3 and have had these three for about 3 months now. They are:
- Emily
- Sadie
- Megan
I like them all, but am leaning more toward Emily or Sadie. I was on a Sadie fix for the past month. I really liked it and still do, Sadie Score just has an awesome ring to it. It also fits into the not super common category. However, I recently started leaning more toward Emily. I have a feeling her temperament and personality is going to be a lot more like Jeff's (I know that is kind of a weird thing, but I really do feel that way) and it seems like Emily fits his personality more. I feel so silly saying this, and you probably all think I'm weird, but that is just how I feel. But Emily is one of the most popular girls names in the US. It has dropped in ranking the past few years, but it is still always in the top ten. But it is such a classic and beautiful name. Plus then we would have an "Em" and a "P" which I think is kinda fun. As for Megan, it is on the list still because we don't really have a reason to take it off. We both like it, but neither of us are leaning toward it. So who knows what we will end up choosing.
The Middle Name Debate
This is where Jeff and I disagree the most. He doesn't think girls should have a middle name and I hate it when they don't. He seems to be pretty adamant about it, but I am pretty stubborn and especially on this matter. I LOVE middle names. And I know that is kinda silly, but I really do and I think I have good reasons too. My main reason is the fact that I really want to use family names as middle names. Most of our family names I like, but not enough to make them a first name, so therefore they would be middle names and we could still tell our children, You are named after so and so for this reason.
That is how it was in my family. I actually had 2 middle names, Gwen & Ellene. Gwen is after my mother's mother who died when my mom was only 16 and Ellene after my aunt who was the one who introduced my parents. I have always felt a special connection to these two relatives, even my grandmother who I never met. I am always interested in learning more about her and what she was like and I think it awesome to be named after someone.
Pretty much since we found out we were having a girl, I have had a middle name picked out for her and was honestly heart broken when I found out that Jeff doesn't want her to have a middle name. I wanted to name her after both of our mothers Andrea & Ann. My mom goes by Andrea, but I grew up with my dad calling her "An", she even signs cards for him and other close family member "An" and since Jeff's mom's name is Ann I figured it would be perfect! These two women mean the world to me! I wish words could explain it, but they cant (just thinking about them right now has made me start balling). I love the thought of naming my first daughter after them. I hope that she will be just like them, they are amazing women and truly choice daughters of our Heavenly Father. And should anything happen to either of them before my children really get the chance to know how wonderful they are, they can still have that little connection of knowing who they were named after and will someday inquire about them, just like I did when I was little.
Well, now that I have soaked my shirt with tears, I guess I will end this post. Hopefully I can convince Jeff to let her have a middle name, clearly it means more to me then I even realized. So as of right now I'm hoping her name will be either Emily Ann or Sadie Ann. I think both are beautiful and fun. Again, we will wait until we meet her, and who knows maybe we will name her something other than one of these, I guess only time will tell. I cant wait to meet her! I wish she would come already!
Any Thoughts?
Comments
And I like Sadie Score the best :-)
-Emily
I like middle names too for the same reasons you have stated. Both names are beautiful (but I think Sadie Score is a little fun and sassy too). Good luck with waiting and labor!