
This was me yesterday and let me tell you, it was EXACTLY what the doctor ordered! Up until after my massage yesterday, I was seriously MISERABLE! I know lots of pregnant women say that, and maybe it was happening to me so I could better feel how everyone else feels when their pregnant . . . who knows. Because honestly, with Parker I was totally fine up until my 39th week. Sure I needed extra help rolling over at night and tying my shoes, but other then that my body felt good and so did my spirit. This time around I am just drained! On Wednesday I went up to Jeff and said that I honestly did not think I could do it any more and I was 100% serious. I like to think I'm a pretty strong woman, but I had finally hit my peak. And that was when I really decided to go get the message.
Let me just tell you, it was heaven on earth. Today I woke up feeling 100 times better in body, mind, and spirit. I finally feel like I can do it. Don't get me wrong, I still hope she comes early, but I wont be so sad if she doesn't. So now I am feeling good, getting things ready for her. I've made my hospital list, my Parker list which includes what to pack him, his daily schedule, and his favorite things to do and eat, with a contact list of people who are willing to help while we are in the hospital. There is a lot more to think about when you already have a kid. I am so lucky to have such wonderful friends who are willing to help out and care for my little guy.
I'm starting to worry about how he will transition. At first I thought he would be fine because he was fine anytime we babysat other babies. But the other night I was bottle feeding one of our friends kids and Parker freaked out! He was screaming and trying to climb on me, he wouldn't even go to Jeff. I ended up picking him up and holding both of them at once (try and do that with an 8 month pregnant belly, not much room on my lap! haha!). Since then, I have been a little more worried about how he will take to this new baby. I'm sure it will be hard at first, but hopefully he will adjust quickly. Luckily my parents will come out when the baby is born and my mom can help me with the new baby while my dad and Jeff play with Parker and give him the attention he will need. But no doubt, it will not be an easy transition.
Well, I guess that is it for now. I've never been a huge fan of messages, but let me tell you, I am officially a believer! And I HIGHLY recommend it to anyone in need of a little pick me up. Here is the website to the place I went Solase, in-case you are in Provo and want to go where I did, it is in the same shopping center as the Distribution Center. It was great!
Comments