At 38 weeks I'm still feeling good (at least as good as a humongous pregnant woman can feel). With only 10 days till my due date I went to a water aerobics class. I'm not gonna lie, it was rough bouncing around with that big belly, but I must admit that I feel much better now. Being in the water felt so good on my poor joints. Part of me really just wanted to float around. Secretly I was hoping all of the jumping around would trigger my labor, but alas it did not. I guess he is perfectly content in there.
As for other updates for those who want to know . . . my last appointment I was 70% effaced but still only dilated to 1cm. At least I'm making some sort of progress. Hopefully being active will help things progress, but I'm not holding my breath. The doctor kindly reminded me that first time births are usually late and said that right after he told me he would be very surprised if our little man weighed less than 9 lbs. Woo Hoo! What I have to look forward to.
Anyway, sorry this is a boring post and an ugly picture. It is mostly for my own records and remembrance. 38 weeks and still active . . . I'd say that is pretty good wouldn't you? Anyway, I'll keep you posted but hopefully this little guy will come sooner rather than later. Especially if he is as big as they say he is going to be!
As for other updates for those who want to know . . . my last appointment I was 70% effaced but still only dilated to 1cm. At least I'm making some sort of progress. Hopefully being active will help things progress, but I'm not holding my breath. The doctor kindly reminded me that first time births are usually late and said that right after he told me he would be very surprised if our little man weighed less than 9 lbs. Woo Hoo! What I have to look forward to.
Anyway, sorry this is a boring post and an ugly picture. It is mostly for my own records and remembrance. 38 weeks and still active . . . I'd say that is pretty good wouldn't you? Anyway, I'll keep you posted but hopefully this little guy will come sooner rather than later. Especially if he is as big as they say he is going to be!
Comments
Getting out of the pool was the worst, it reminded me that I was 200 pounds!
And the good news is, the bigger the baby is, the better they sleep!