Skip to main content

Ooo My Big Bell!

I have truly been blessed with an amazing pregnancy. For the most part it has been such a positive and wonderful experience for me. Although the "Big Bell" - that's what Jeff & I call it - can be frustrating, there are MANY things I am going to miss about it. I have become quite fond of my Big Bell. One of my friends made up a list and I thought it was a good idea to remember what it is like.

So here are some things I am going to miss about the Big Bell:

1. My Flat Button!! It is so funny to me how everyone is different. Although I was slightly saddened by the fact that my Belly Button never popped out, I LOVE that it is flat! This sounds silly, but it is really one of my favorite things in the world to just rub my flat button. The skin there is extra soft and smooth . . . not to mention it just looks funny. I will definitely miss the flat belly button.

2. Watching The Bell Shift.
This too is quite an amazing thing. Just watching him roll around and kick inside the bell is pretty amazing. I will never forget one of his most active times was when we were visiting some friends and he was going crazy! We all just watched in amazement. It is just crazy to watch your own body move when you have no control over it.

3. Having Jeff Feel Him Move. I think I enjoy this more then feeling it myself. It is so neat to see Jeff's reaction to our little man's moving. No matter how much we feel it, it is still amazing every single time. I love Jeff's look of amazement each time. It is hilarious because he loves it but it totally weird him out at the same time.

4. Using the Bell as a table. As awkward as the Big Bell can be at times, it also comes in so handy. Using it as a table is quite convenient. It is certainly easier then leaning over a real table. I feel about a mile away with the Bell in the way and without a doubt I always spill on myself. So the Bell as a table is pretty sweet.

5. Preggo Pants. Perhaps this is an exaggeration, but not having to button or zip my pants is pretty awesome. Not to mention, they are SOOOO comfy! Perhaps that is to make up for the uncomforts that come with being pregnant. Either way, they are pretty amazing.

6. Taking Belly Shots. It has been so amazing to watch the Bell grow. I'm so glad I took so many pictures. I can hardly wait to compare them side by side. I'm pretty sure I enjoyed this more then Jeff, I think he thought I was silly for asking him to take them so often but I'm glad we did. Needless to say, as anxious I am to lose this baby weight, I shan't be documenting the tummy shrinkage like I did the growth.

7. Using the Big Bell for an arm rest. I always thought it looked so silly when women rested their hands and arms on their belly, but it is quite comfortable. What did I do with my hand before the Big Bell? I don't even remember. Well, I guess that doesn't really matter now because they will always be busy with a baby, no time to just let them hang and relax.

8. My best friend cracking up every time she sees me. I love this! My Bell is so big that it amazes her every time she sees me. Keep in mind she is not only my best friend, she is in my ward, and she is my neighbor and she really does laugh in amazement every time! It truly is an amazingly Big Bell! Along those same lines, I will miss the random looks and comments from strangers: "Are you sure there aren't 2 in there?" "WOW! You look like you are going to pop!" "When are you due, a month ago?" It is a good thing I'm a happy, easy-going person or those kinds of comments might hurt my feelings. Luckily I think they are just funny!

9. Having people touch my belly. I know this is something that a lot of people don't like, but I really have enjoyed it. At first it was weird of course, but I think it is pretty neat. My favorite thing is watching every one's reactions. Throughout this pregnancy I have come to more fully understand what an amazing miracle creating life is. I was reading some stuff about people touching pregnant bellies and it said that the main reason people do it is because they want to feel the miracle. It was so neat to see all the different reactions. Most of my friends haven't had kids yet nor have they had a close friend have kids yet so they would feel in amazement and wonder. My friends and family who have had kids would feel in a reminiscent type way. Without a doubt each would say, "You forget!!" It really is amazing. One of my most favorite experiences was last week. I was visiting with one of my good friends who has two beautiful girls. She was talking with her older daughter (almost 3) telling her that I had a baby in my tummy just like she had a few months earlier. Her eyes lit up and she wanted to touch it so badly. She came on over and started holding my belly. She got so excited and kept shouting "Mom, there's a baby in there!!!" It was so fun. So for those of you close by still having the desire to touch the Big Bell, don't be afraid to ask, I really don't mind! Only one week left to get it in!

10. Knowing where my child is at all times. I stole this one from my friend, but I thought it was funny and so true! It only gets more complicated and worrisome from here!

And to complete the list and the memories, here are the reasons I am anxious to be rid of the Big Bell:

1. I can hold my son in my arms instead of my tummy! Yes this is a silly way of saying "YAY, my son will be here" But that is honestly how I'm feeling about now. And it is the number one reason I will be happy to not have a Big Bell anymore.

2. I can cuddle with Jeff again! Yes we can currently cuddle, it is just extremely uncomfortable to have the Big Bell in the way and to have the need to change positions ever 2 minutes. I will be so excited when I can just be with him without the Big Bell.

3. I wont waddle like a penguin anymore. Although it is rather entertaining for others to watch me walk, it is rather inconvenient for me! It has also been hard because I am usually a fast walker and being rid of the Bell also means I will be able to walk faster than 1 MPH again. Woo Hoo!

4. I can roll over in bed without feeling like I'm going to die. Seriously one of the hardest things in the world for me is to roll over at night! I feel awful for Jeff because it is as if we are in the middle of a HUGE earthquake anytime I move. In fact it is so hard that I frequently wake Jeff up just to help me flip. Lucky for me he is a wonderful and kind husband and can fall asleep at the drop of a hat otherwise I might feel bad about it. lol.

5. I can lay on my tummy again! I really didn't think this would be a big deal for me, I have never really laid on my stomach that much but it is something I certainly took for granted! Weather it happened while rolling over, or playing games on the floor, to just to randomly plop down, I am eager to do it again! I think on of the first things I will do once I'm home is just roll all over the bed. Maybe even do some steam-roller action.

6. I can eat my meat Medium Rare again! This was seriously one of the hardest things for me. For those of you who don't know, I am a big meat eater, especially RED meat! And that is just how I like it, read and juicy! Having my meat cooked all the way through was pretty much an awful experience. HAHA! Along those lines, just not being paranoid in general about everything I am eating will be nice.

7. I can wear more than 7 outfits! As excited as I was to initially start wearing maternity clothes, I got sick of them rather quickly! Having only X amount of cloths you can wear is rough. (And now I am just sounding spoiled! HAHA!) But really, I am so anxious to get back into my old clothes. Hopefully it wont take too long to lose the extra weight.

8. I can get up and down with ease. Getting up and down is rather difficult. This includes everything from the car, the coach, and the bed to the toilet! It really is a challenge with how awkwardly my body weight is balanced not to mention the extra weight. I keep thinking about how much stronger my legs must be now then they were a few months ago. Once again, lucky me for having an amazing husband who gets up just to help me. How dearly I love and appreciate him!

9. I can have more intense workouts. As much as I have tried to stay active throughout this pregnancy it has been hard. Finding things I can do is tricky as is, but then actually doing them is even harder! You know it is bad when just walking gets you breathing hard! HAHA! But I am excited to be able to exercise hard again! (hopefully I will keep this enthusiasm after I have the baby and can actually do it . . . we'll see)

10. Randomly hitting it on random objects. I know this sounds weird, but I honestly forget it is there/underestimate how big it is which causes me to frequently hit my Bell on things. This happens most frequently during the following activities: Opening and closing doors, turning corners, closing the car door . . . you get the point. Basically it just gets in the way, it is sad and frustrating so I will not miss that!

Just How Big is it?

And just a random side note about just how big the Bell is . . . one of my friends had twins a few months ago and in her efforts to comfort me told me that before she gave birth she was measuring 4 feet around. I was shocked! So in my curiosity measured just how big around I was and was even more shocked at what I found:

Yes my friends that does read just over 46 inches. And for those of you who don't want to do the math, Yes that is only 2 inches shy of 4 feet!! Imagine how I felt thinking about how my friend was measuring the same with TWINS as I am with one! HAHA!! No wonder I get the comments and looks that I do. It truly is a BIG BELL!! But I love it!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Can't wait to meet the little man
Liz and Peter said…
Yay for being pregnant. I really miss it! But having your little one here is definitely better. And it feels amazing to be able to roll over and lay on your belly again. I am still not back into my pre pregnancy clothes..not just the pants but shrits too. Thats what breastfeeding does to ya. But everyhting else will go back to normal and you'll realize how much you really did change. 1 more week. Wahoo!
Adam and Lisa said…
Haha, you're so awesome! What a great list!!! It makes me want to be pregnant again.
Nicole said…
You make me laugh and I'm glad you don't mind when people touch your belly since I often do :) And also I LOVE that you ate a whole Big Jud!!! My little brother when he was going through a growth spurt ate an entire double plus a milkshake. sick. I'm impressed you ate one!
Janneke said…
I love you.. haha. I can't decide whether I want to be pregnant or not based on what you said. Your son better feel lucky that he's had such a roomy space inside of you!!
Yeah, I do kind of miss feeling my little one inside, and the cute expressions of amazement from Jared as she would kick around in there, however, I am sooo glad I am not preggo anymore. It's way more comfy! I was 47 inches with Ambrey so don't feel bad, lol. By the way, Jeff's wonderment over the little guy's movements won't go away. Everytime the baby does something cute on the outside you get the same reaction from your hubby. It's cute. :D

Popular posts from this blog

What to pack . . .

So now that he really could come ANY DAY I figured it was probably time for me to pack my bag. I of course have one of those "What to bring" checklist, but I was wondering what your thoughts where. Is there anything you wish you had brought but didn't? Is there anything you would have died without if you hadn't brought it? I'm just so clueless! A few tips from you experienced mothers would be greatly appreciated!! I cant believe it is so close!!

Have you noticed?

I need a haircut ASAP! This is me saying, "I'll smile if you ignore my hair." Don't get me wrong, I am really excited I have long hair, I love having long hair , but it needs a little TLC. It has been a few months since I have even got a trim and I am still re-couping from a not so good hair cut. The last few times I have really CUT my hair, not just a trim, I was not pleased with the results. Now it would probably help if I was willing to pay more than $10 for a hair cut . . . but I'm Mrs. High Pockets as my father calls me and it is really hard for me to spend money on my hair. So I need your help! What do you think I should do? Before you make any suggestions you should know: It MUST be able to go back into a ponytail!!!!!!! My hair is STICK STRAIGHT My hair will not curl to save my life (via over night curls, hot curls, even curling irons, they just don't work) I want and need something EASY! I do not like to spend time on my hair and I don...

No Use Crying Over Spilled Milk . . .

So being an emotional pregnant woman is definitely taking its tole on both me and Jeff (what a wonderful, patient, and understanding man he is). Saturday morning I was so excited because for the first time in weeks we actually had a morning together. I had planned to make us a delicious breakfast just like my dad always did for me. We had Eggs, Hashbrowns, and even Bacon; we were so excited. So I started cooking the bacon first, knowing it would take the longest. Then when I thought they were close to being done, Jeff started cooking the eggs and I threw on the hashbrowns. Well, needless to say, the eggs finished super fast and the others were not even close. And then to add more to my frustration the pan I was using for the hashbrowns was awful! Despite my many tablespoons of butter the entire thing was completely stuck! I switched pans in the middle to try to save them. In the meantime Jeff ate his eggs so they wouldn't get cold. I insisted on waiting so I could eat th...