
After 2 fully years of marriage Jeff and I finally finished off the last of our gift cards!! Amazing/ridiculous I know! We were so blessed (and still are) by so many loving friends and family that truly gave us the world! For the past 2 years we have been able to get anything and everything we needed to set up our home with these gift cards. We got all sorts of cool gizmo's and gadgets for the kitchen, organization stuff, decorations, bedding, bath stuff, truly . . . everything you can think of. It has been so nice because if we ever thought of something we needed, we would just make a trip to Bed, Bath, & Beyond and get it. So as we are trying to get our tiny apartment baby ready we decided we could really use one of those Over-the-toilet storage cabinets, and one of the Under-the-bed plastic containers. And that is what finished it off!
Part of me was really excited, but at the same time I am quite sad that now anytime I think of something that would be nice to have I'll have to think twice about the purchase. So to all those who truly showered us with gifts, here is another THANK YOU for helping us get through our first two years with everything we could ever possibly need. And to everyone else who might read this, sorry that it is kind of a silly post but it was a day Jeff and I wanted to remember so this is my journal for 30 January 2009, exactly 2 years and one month after our wedding. Life is grand and we are truly blessed!!
*Ironic side note: I actually returned the over-the-toilet cabinet because we found a nicer cheaper one at target instead. So today I returned the one to BB&B after all of this silly post, we now have a new gift card balance. HAHA! But we will still count the original day as when we finished it off. But the thought did make me chuckle.
Comments