Well, it has been a while since I have posted anything, so I figured I should update. First of all . . . HAPPY VALENTINES DAY!! Unfortunately I sit here at work instead of home with my hubby, but at least it is an early game.
Life is going wonderfully! The past few days have been great! The time has not only passed quickly but I have been feeling really good which I am so grateful for! The week started out a nightmare! I caught a cold on Sunday which was very unfortunate and unexpected. Having a cold on top of pregnancy, let alone the last couple weeks of pregnancy is for sure the worst thing ever! Luckily, it has passed pretty quickly and all I suffer from now is a stuffed head and a sore throat.
Monday I had a doctor's appointment when I had been looking forward to for a couple of weeks. I was almost positive they were going to tell me that I was dilated to at least a 3 and that I would have this baby any day. But of course it was quite the opposite . . . I wasn't dilated at all! And after an entire month of the baby being in ready position he decided to TURN!! I was so sad and frustrated and sick and miserable and that was the LAST thing I wanted to hear. He couldn't tell for sure if he had turned all the way around, but he knew he wasn't head down anymore. I came home and basically cried all day. I was sick and literally feeling MISERABLE from being 9 months pregnant. On top of that, the lack of sleep and raging hormones just did not mesh that day. I just knew that the next 4 weeks would be possible the worst in my life!
After loving phone calls from both my mother and mother-in-law who just had a feeling they should call made me feel much better! Moms just have a way of making everything all better (I hope I have that magic power too!). They comforted me and told me not to worry, that everything would be OK, even if the baby was breach. As much as I don't want that, I knew they were right. Everything would be OK. After those comforting words and a blessing from my loving Husband, everything just seemed much better.
Luckily, I woke up Tuesday feeling much better (in regards to the cold). I headed off to work and my friend that I work with was in the hospital having her baby. We were all so excited for her! This also meant that my work hours were about to triple! After the day I had Monday, I wasn't sure I was up to it, but I found that being busy helped SOOOO much! For some reason, I am the kind of person that can handle physical pain just fine. But leave me home a lone with nothing to do and Satan just gets the best of me. Mentally I cannot handle it. So as hard as it is to actually get to work, once I am there things are SOOO MUCH BETTER! Being busy has saved my life and made the time pass so quickly! I honestly cannot believe that it is Saturday!
Ever since then I really have been feeling great! I have even been sleeping at night which is a MIRACLE!!! To give you and example of how busy I have been, here is a little example of one of my days this week:
Wednesday, 11 February 2009
8:30 - Start work at the BYU Housing fair for The Branbury
12:00 - Leave the Housing fair go straight to United Way
4:45 - Leave United Way and go straight to BYU for a Men's Basketball Game
8:30 - Get home
So that was 12 straight hours of work, but honestly I felt great the whole day! Being busy has been my life savor!
In regards to the growing belly, I think he is doing well and I actually think he turned back around. He was sideways pretty much all week - which was extremely painful on the stretching stomach - but now I think he is back where he was. I guess we'll see what the doctor says at my next appointment. If he is still out of place, they are going to try to manually shift him. They said it is usually about a 50/50 chance of success but they said I have lots of fluid which helps the process. They also said that trying to shift them often breaks the water and you go into labor right then, so maybe I'll have a baby by the end of the week! But I'm hoping my instincts are correct that the baby has naturally turned and that we wont have to do that, but I guess we will find out soon enough. Unfortunately, the doctors were booked almost the whole week, so my appointment isn't until Thursday when it is usually Monday. I was a little paranoid about this as well, but once again am feeling much better about things. So, all will be well.
Anyway, sorry it is a boring post . . . but I have had quite a few inquiries about what was going on. So overall I am feeling great and honestly cannot believe there is only 3 weeks left!! I keep asking Jeff what will life be like with a baby? We have no clue, but I guess we'll learn pretty quick!! Needless to say we can hardly wait!!
Comments