So a couple of days ago, as I was waiting to go to work, I happened to flip through the channels and found Oprah. Now I am not an avid watcher, in fact I had never even seen a full show; but this particular episode caught my attention. It was called Oprah's Clean Out Your Messy House Tour. She had a special guest Peter Walsh who is an expert in organizational design, an experienced educator and a skilled motivational speaker. Peter teaches people how to de-clutter their homes and their heads to improve their lives and personal spaces. Peter's unique approach confronts both the emotional and design obstacles behind the toughest organizational challenges with practical, easy-to-manage solutions that can make your home life better (yes I pulled that blurb off the web). I have seen him on other home-makeover type shows which I love and so this caught my attention.
As I watched I was thrilled as they knocked on random doors and completely transformed people's homes. I don't know why I enjoy these shows so much, but I do. Perhaps it is because I know that I like to keep everything and I fear that someday it will be me whose house they come to. I feel I'm pretty good at keeping clutter to a minimum, but it is a challenge for me. Anyway, this is why I was watching and loving every minute of it.
They soon started talking about a few concerns that people face in regards to their clutter, one being their children's art work/school projects. Of course all parents Cherish their children's work and want to keep up, but it does pile up after a while. Peter Walsh had an amazing idea!! It was to"Take digital photos of their artwork, upload them to Snapfish.com, and they will send you back a beautiful, bound book of the kids' artwork. So, over time, you can build a library of your children's artwork—let the pieces go, but keep them in this form forever." What an awesome Idea! I loved it and that wasn't even the best part. They then announced a special that snapfish was having for Oprah Watchers that weekend, it was that you could get a FREE 20 page photobook!! I was in shock and so pleased that that day I was an Oprah Watcher! I of course immediately jumped on the computer and signed up under both mine and Jeff's email so i could make 2 for free! It was a blast, but there a little bit of pressure because of the deadline, but I finished and also signed up for 2 more.
Because of the high demand of the free book, the website was ridiculously busy and it was hard to do anything. Also, they warned you that it would take extra long to get them finished because of the high demand. I wasn't expecting to get it until about the first week of December. Imagine my surprise when one came today!! I am so excited about it! I made one for my parents for their anniversary, so I am hoping it gets there soon. Anyway, I am thrilled to death about the whole thing, hence me sharing it with you. I still have a credit for one more, and I am wishing that my baby was already out in the world so I could make a book all about him! Hopefully I'll come up with another idea, because I'm running out of time. But YAY for Oprah & Snapfish!!



Comments