Skip to main content

Baby is Growing Fast!


Well, I had another Doctor appointment today and everything is going great! It was short and sweet but he is measuring perfectly and his heart is strong. I'm getting more and more excited everyday!! The time is passing really quickly which is neat. Unfortunately I am starting to get extra large and uncomfortable, but I knew that would happen eventually. I just had hoped it wouldn't be for another month or so. O-well.

On a side note, we Started registering on Saturday. It was really fun and also made me super excited (however, we all know it does not take much to make me excited). It was slightly overwhelming because they have about a billion different options for EVERYTHING. I have no clue how to judge from one pacifier to another. We started with monitors, looked at them for about 5 minutes and then decided to move on because we had no clue, they all seem pretty much the same, so why is one almost $200 while another is $50? Do you really need something that snazzy to hear if your baby is crying. Not to mention we live in a 1 bedroom, lol, I'm pretty sure I'll know without a monitor. If any of you experienced moms have any RECOMMENDATIONS on ANYTHING, i would really appreciate it!! What kind of bottles, binkies, bathtubs, bibs, bed sets, (I'm on a roll with these B words), etc. do you like or dislike? This would help a TON!

Lastly, for those who do not know, or did not notice in the above picture, I chopped about 8 inches off my hair a couple of weeks ago. I had been wanting to for a while, and I figured now is the time to do it! My hair is growing as fast as a weed, honestly. I swear it has already grown an inch in about 2 weeks. Pregnancy is treating me well!


Another side note, for the middle of November, we have been having AMAZING weather. I am loving it! Walking around in a t-shirt still, fantastic! I'm usually not the biggest fall fan, but perhaps that is because it usually doesn't exist in Utah. But this year it has been very nice. Here is another picture of me the day I cut my hair playing in a huge pile of leaves my friends raked up. I hope this nice weather keeps up!!

Comments

Ange said…
Cute hair! I can't believe your little belly. I can only imagine how excited you are. I am also loving this weather. Why can't every year be like this?
tdyhtrfyhrt;hjr said…
love the hair!! i already registered too and felt so overwhelmed by allll the thousand different choices of everything! But luckily i had my mom there to help me!
Kim said…
Your hair is adorable as is your belly! So exciting! It was so good to talk to you for a little bit the other day!!!!
Amanda Duke said…
You look so cute pregnant! And believe me, you are not huge! You don't know huge until you are measuring 47 cm and still have over a month to go!

Anyway, as for registering, I read reviews on everything. If you go to the babies r us website you can check out reviews from other moms - you can even sort stuff by what is top rated. Do your research on the most important stuff...like the carseat and stroller. I love my Chicco Keyfit 30 carseats. I'm not sure if you are going to use bottles sometimes but that is also a biggy. We like the Dr. Browns bottles (they really help reduce gas) best because you can get them BPA free - they are just a little annoying because they have a bunch of parts. But it wouldn't be as bad since you only have one baby. Also, when you have the time now, read a book on sleep. We just got "Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Child" and it is helping a ton. Oh and some things I think are completely useless - we never got a changing table because we don't have the room and its just as easy to set up a station on the ground. It's really all personal preference though.

Good luck shopping!
sita325 said…
this is the fun stuff rebecca-- or so it seems right now, once he comes you won't even remember when you were registering, lol. if that makes any sense. anyway... some of the things i found VERY useful were the following- some comparisons, some not:

My favorite carrier (and we have 4 of them)- and pretty much the only one i use, is this wrap- it is the most comfortable thing you will ever put your baby in, the price is totally worth it:
http://www.mobywrap.com/

If you are going to use a pacifier, the only binkies Eli will take- and the easiest to transport, etc. are the Nuk brand

This pillow for breastfeeding and laying your newborn in: Boppy Pillow

There is also a Johnson's Bed and Bathtime Shampoo and Lotion, the aroma soothes them to sleep and is very calming.

Anyway, those are some of my faves. If i think of anything else i will let you know :)

Enjoy!
Ok this is what we did for our registry. We did it all online. We went into the store to check out a few things in person (pack n play, travel system, etc.) Online is great because you can see the customer reviews and ratings. Find out what people like and don't like about a product. If you want you can look up our registry to get ideas for things. With the travel system, the one we registered for holds one of the most amounts of weight. I think 30 lbs. Most go up to about 22 lbs, which means baby grows out of it faster...
Marnie said…
Hey congrats on your progress, Rebecca. It's so fun the closer you get. I agree about the Chicco Keyfit travel system. We loved it! Unfortunately now that number two showed up we don't the stroller anymore but it was such a nice set. I'd recommend it. A boppy is a must. It really makes a huge difference breastfeeding. A pack n play is also nice for traveling. You could even use it as a crib in your little place. That's what we did for the first couple months for Penny. We went without a baby bath because we didn't have room and I just bathed her in the kitchen sink. Gross, I know, but it worked. We also didn't use a changing table for space issue. I just changed all her diapers on a changing pad, which worked just fine. A swing and a bouncy chair are really great to have around, even though they take up space. My girls loved their bouncy chair and the swing.

Good luck, I'm so excited for you.
Love the haircut! And you know I'm gonna tell you some of my favorite baby things:) Like you, we only had one bedroom when Gavin was born. We bought a Graco Pack 'n Play and I love it. We used it as his bassinet/crib for the first few months. And it came with an attachable changing pad. We still have it set up for diaper changes. And it's great to take on trips. Also the Nuk pacifiers are good. And I would strongly suggest bedtime clothes with zippers. It makes those nightime diaper changes a lot less time consuming without a million buttons to snap together. And you can never have enough onesies.
Sara said…
You look great! I agree with everything Marnie said. Read lots of customer reviews, and if you have to pay a bit more $ to get a good product, do it! (we learned this the hard way! we skimped on cost, which also meant a crappy products that we will now replace those items when baby #2 comes in a couple of years)
Also, one diaper bag I would recommend is is Spark by Skip Hop. It is WONDERFUL! I've owned about 5 diaper bags in one year, and this is the only one I am satisfied with. It is about 30.00 from target and 60 from Babies R us... same bag. They have it in many colors and styles. Oh I love it!
~Aimee~ said…
I will email you my long long list of recommendations. It's too long to put on a blog comment. ;-)

Popular posts from this blog

The Light of the World

I was asked to give a talk yesterday in church.  Kinda daunting knowing it was Christmas Sunday, but I think it went pretty well.  I like remembering my talk so I'm throwing it up here mainly for my own record.  But maybe it will bless the lives of others too.  I hope you all have a very Merry Christmas and that the Light of Christ will be upon you and radiate from you now and forever. Jesus Christ: The Light of the World Rebecca’s talk given on 12/20/2015 Jesus Christ.  Can a topic be any broader? I have spent a lot of time over the last 6 weeks trying to decide what direction I wanted to go and I kept going back to the same thought, Jesus is the light of the world.  This is not an insignificant statement, but very profound and very important.  Let’s start from the beginning. Many Prophets have testified of the fact that Jesus Christ is the light of the world long before the Savior was even born.  The very first sign of his bir...

Because God Love's Us

  How is Christ’s Birth Significant to me Talk on 12/20/2020 Good Morning Brothers and Sisters & Merry Christmas!   Heavenly Father must know my preferred method for giving a talk is procrastinating because I have been called to fill in last minute on many occasions.   However, this is the first time it’s happened on Christmas Sunday.   But I am happy to be here with you and I’m so grateful for technology that allows us to meet and worship together, especially during this Christmas season.   I’m not gonna lie, this is weird speaking on zoom.   I much prefer being together and making eye contact with you and seeing your encouraging smiles.   So please bear with any awkwardness I may have.   When initially asked to speak, Brother Smith gave me the topic of “How Christ’s birth is significant to me.”   My initial response was, could that topic be any broader?   But then gratefully he followed it up with “Particularly from the prosp...

Kid's Talks

  Riley’s Primary Talk on Baptism 3/15/20 Today I want to talk on Baptism.   Being baptized is a commandment from Heavenly Father.   We have to be baptized to make it back to Him.   Even Jesus Christ was baptized.   If Jesus Christ was baptized we should be baptized too.   When we turn 8 years old we can choose to follow Jesus Christ’s example and be baptized too.   When we are baptized and confirmed we become members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.     If you have already been baptized, you should remember the covenants, or promises you made.   If you have not been baptized, you should study and pray and keep the commandments so that when you turn 8 years old you will be ready. We should all remember how important baptism is.   I am really excited I get to be baptized next year.   In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen Faith Parker’s Talk   2/16/20   Today, my talk is going to be about f...