
As you may or may not know . . .
I LOVE BYU BASKETBALL!!
Lucky me for the past 6 years I have worked at every game, the last three of that work being done on the floor just steps away from play. Honestly, nothing better!! I of course was offered the same position on the Northwest corner of the floor this year, but being that I am getting larger everyday I sadly declined knowing that by the end of the season I will not want to stand for 4+ hours at a time. Honestly, this was one of the hardest decisions of my life! LOL. May sound ridiculous, but so true. Luckily I get to work in the office and watch the games on TV as I hear the muffled crowd through the walls. I'm actually working right now, so I suppose there are other perks to being in the office, but still nothing like watching from 5 feet away.

For those of you who do not know me very well, I am an avid sports fan in general. Basketball however, takes the cake. Nothing else like it. Super intense, super loud, lots of skill, even more strategy, and ooh so much fun!! Tonight is my first glimpse of the team this year and I'm confident in saying I think we are going to dominate. Watching is getting me so excited I can hardly keep it in -- hence my blogging about it.

Needless to say, I'm excited! And now I am even more excited about next year and being in stands as a fan with my husband and baby boy. Don't get me wrong, I have truly enjoyed working for the event staff, hence my being apart of the staff for 6 years. But nothing beats standing in the crowd with friends and family and screaming your lungs out. Yes I am one of those fans who gets ridiculously into the game and makes many comments to players, coaches, and refs under my breath. But being that I actually know a thing or two about basketball, I feel justified in verbally saying when players are making dumb moves and coaches are calling dumb plays and the refs are just usually ridiculous and blind. I must admit that I am rather hypocritical at times because the large majority of the time other peoples comments drive me crazy. Yes, I think it is awesome that they are into the game and I'm glad they are there cheering, but when they know nothing about the sport their comments are usual absurd and I wish they would just stick to cheering.

Anyway, halftime is over now so I must be getting back. Just thought I'd blog since I had a moment and I haven't blogged in a while. I know I have many other more exciting thing that I could have blogged about tonight, but I am just so pumped and can hardly wait for the rest of the season. YAY for basketball!
p.s. since the season just begun there are no current photos online so these are kind of old, o-well.
Comments