I figured since we haven't been so good at writing in our journals we can and should use this as our journal. If that is the case we have quite a bit of ground to cover! So let's start from the beginning!
Jeff and I were married on December 30, 2006. It was literally the perfect day! The sun was shining, the sky was blue. The only problems we had were that the palm trees at the temple had just been trimmed so they are funny little stubs and the other problem was that there was some sort of a problem with getting the song we wanted to dance to at our reception and as a result Tim just picked a new song for us. Really not a big deal at all, but unfortunately to this day I still do not know the name of the song we danced to at our wedding. LOL, kind of funny really. But truly, it could not have been any more perfect.
I suppose I should start at the real beginning . . .

Jeff and I met on the first day of school our freshman year at Concord High. In fact it was in our first period science class. The seats were assigned alphabetically and it just so happens that P & S are pretty close in the alphabet. I was actually assigned to sit next to one of his best friends from middle school, Ali Rowe. I believe before class even started I met Ali and she introduced me to Jeff who was sitting right behind me. We found out later that day that we had almost all of our classes together not to mention early morning seminary. We quickly became best friends, I don't believe him nor I have ever made a friend that quick before, nor since then.
We spent all of our high school days as best friends continuing to strengthen our relationship everyday. We both secretly had a crush on each other but never told each other. When we turned 16 we went on a few group dates and always had a blast but of course we were still "just friends." It wasn't until the end of our senior year of high school that we really started dating. We did all sorts of fun things, but one of our favorite dates was Senior Ball. We had a great time. We got many funny comments as we walked down Pier 39 in San Francisco. You see I was in a big white poofy dress and Jeff was in a tux. I happen to walk rather fast so we were being followed by a group of beautiful friend also in fancy dresses and tuxes. Many people that passed on the streets congratulated us. At first we didn't get it, but they were congratulating us on getting married. It was hilarious.
After we graduated high school we both headed out to Provo, UT to attend Brigham Young University. We had a blast our freshman year. Unfortunately we did a lot more fun things than studying, but we got by OK. The summer after our freshman year Jeff headed off to Brazil for two years to serve a mission. He had many wonderful experiences there learning, growing, and sharing the Gospel. I stayed behind in wonderful old Provo, trying to figure out what on earth I wanted to study; unfortunately I wanted to study everything! I don't even know how many times I changed my major. We both had a great two years and shared them with each other only through hand-written letters. We obviously both missed each other a ton, but we were where we needed to be.
When Jeff returned home in the summer of 2006, it did not take us long to get back in the swing of things. We decided to get married about a month after his return and started making plans. To some it may seem quick, but it really was perfect. We were already best friend and knew each other better then we knew ourselves. Everything fell into place perfectly and led to a perfect wedding day and a perfect first year of marriage.
So that is our story in a nutshell. There is obviously a lot more to it, especially since we have now been best friends for almost 10 years now. We have had many grand adventures with many more to come. Life is Wonderful!
Comments