Skip to main content

Playing Catch Up: JULY

In hopes to catch up someday I'm starting off with the photo dumps.  That way I feel at least semi caught up.  Maybe someday I'll go back and elaborate on significant things, but at this point I'm not getting my hopes up.  So here is July Fun Pre-baby to start it off.

We were able to make it out to Contra Loma only one time this year but the kids sure loved it!  We went with a group of friends and it was so fun to socialize, play and relax in the pool.  It is a pretty unique place as it is a man made pool that has tons of sand near the edge so the kids just sit and play all day.  Such a fun place and felt so nice being in the water.

My amazing friend watched my kids for almost EVERY prenatal appointment I had.  She lived right by my doctor which made it so easy.  A couple of time we went swimming with them after my appointment.  It was a nice, big, and EMPTY pool.  We had such a blast!  And we are working really hard to arrange a marriage between these two.  Aren't they the cutest!  We are so sad they moved away!

I continued to grow and grow!

We celebrated out 10 year reunion from High School.  Gosh I am starting to feel OLD!!  One of my high school buddies came down and we hung out for the afternoon.  It was so great to see her and catch up a bit.  I am seriously blessed with the best friends in the world!

Jeff and I attended a Rock Band Date Night. It was seriously so fun!  We need to do group dates like this more often!  I loved watching the hubby rock out and had fun rocking out myself as well!  

We played a lot of hide and seek.  This is one of the kids favorite games right now.  I love playing with them too, however, my massive belly made it pretty hard to hide!

We had lots of park dates with our buddies.

These four make me so happy!

We redeemed our Library Prize from the Summer Reading Program.  We got these RIDICULOUSLY huge blowup ice cream cones, some coupons, and 2 books.  One of which is one of our favorite Thanksgiving books.  The kids are so excited that we have this one and don't have to give it back anymore.

We celebrated Grandma P's birthday by tagging her porch and going out to dinner with her.  We sure love Grandma!  And I feel so blessed to be so close to my mom who continues to help me everyday!

Em discovered how to blow bubbles in her milk.  Cracked us both up!

Another bestie came to town.  This little lady I have known my entire life!  We hadn't seen each other in... who even knows how long.  It was so great to see her, catch up a bit and meet her adorable twin boys.  So fun to see her take on the role of wife and mother. 

Going to the park at the hottest time of day resulted in this.  Next time I'll remember to bring some extra clothes.  He was soaked to the bone!  Shoes and all, but he sure had fun doing it!

One sunny days like this, one pair of sun glasses just isn't enough.

We continued to enjoy the summer dollar movies and sometimes went with friends.

I finally caved and got the kids an ice cream from the ice cream man.  They were SOOO excited!  Since this only happens like 2 times a year, max.

This was also when I discovered the power of pictures.  You see, P's ice cream totally dyed his entire body.  It happened that it dyed his face to look just like The Joker from Batman.  We mentioned that one time and he never let it go and thought it was so cool.  Knowing he had never seen Batman I was curious how he even knew who he was.  And he told me it was because of the picture on the movie.  We own The Dark Knight so I guessed that was what he was talking about it and asked him to show me.  When we got home he walked right over to the movies and picked out that exact one without even seeing the cover (only the end was exposed) and pointed right to The Joker.  I was shocked!  And that is the scariest looking joker there is.  I felt awful that even though he had never watched that movie, I had exposed him to this by just having it in my home.  I was amazed at how much he could figure out from the movie just by the cover.  It certainly made me re-evaluate what kinds of things are in our home and where.

Well, that is about it for July.  You know, beside the fact that I had a baby and everything.  But that will be saved for another day.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Light of the World

I was asked to give a talk yesterday in church.  Kinda daunting knowing it was Christmas Sunday, but I think it went pretty well.  I like remembering my talk so I'm throwing it up here mainly for my own record.  But maybe it will bless the lives of others too.  I hope you all have a very Merry Christmas and that the Light of Christ will be upon you and radiate from you now and forever. Jesus Christ: The Light of the World Rebecca’s talk given on 12/20/2015 Jesus Christ.  Can a topic be any broader? I have spent a lot of time over the last 6 weeks trying to decide what direction I wanted to go and I kept going back to the same thought, Jesus is the light of the world.  This is not an insignificant statement, but very profound and very important.  Let’s start from the beginning. Many Prophets have testified of the fact that Jesus Christ is the light of the world long before the Savior was even born.  The very first sign of his bir...

Because God Love's Us

  How is Christ’s Birth Significant to me Talk on 12/20/2020 Good Morning Brothers and Sisters & Merry Christmas!   Heavenly Father must know my preferred method for giving a talk is procrastinating because I have been called to fill in last minute on many occasions.   However, this is the first time it’s happened on Christmas Sunday.   But I am happy to be here with you and I’m so grateful for technology that allows us to meet and worship together, especially during this Christmas season.   I’m not gonna lie, this is weird speaking on zoom.   I much prefer being together and making eye contact with you and seeing your encouraging smiles.   So please bear with any awkwardness I may have.   When initially asked to speak, Brother Smith gave me the topic of “How Christ’s birth is significant to me.”   My initial response was, could that topic be any broader?   But then gratefully he followed it up with “Particularly from the prosp...

Kid's Talks

  Riley’s Primary Talk on Baptism 3/15/20 Today I want to talk on Baptism.   Being baptized is a commandment from Heavenly Father.   We have to be baptized to make it back to Him.   Even Jesus Christ was baptized.   If Jesus Christ was baptized we should be baptized too.   When we turn 8 years old we can choose to follow Jesus Christ’s example and be baptized too.   When we are baptized and confirmed we become members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.     If you have already been baptized, you should remember the covenants, or promises you made.   If you have not been baptized, you should study and pray and keep the commandments so that when you turn 8 years old you will be ready. We should all remember how important baptism is.   I am really excited I get to be baptized next year.   In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen Faith Parker’s Talk   2/16/20   Today, my talk is going to be about f...