Skip to main content

Fear Factor Date Night


So I've been wanting to host a group date for a while now.  Especially because we have had so many new couples move into the ward I thought it would be a perfect opportunity for us to get to know each other.  I found an idea from the Dating Divas to do a Fear Factor date night.  It sounded so fun!  Since it is the month of fear and nasty things I thought I would just buckle down and do it.  So I did.

I was super classy and did a facebook event & invite, despite the fact that I had adorable real invitation.  But as a busy mom I had to let something slide and wanted to make this as easy as possible.  Luckily all my friends didn't care the type of invite they got because we ended up having 20 people!  I was so shocked and excited!  And nervous about all of us fitting in our little house, but we made it work.


We started out with a little tester.  I had a bowl of eggs, one for each person.  I told them that all of the eggs were hard boiled except one.  They each had to pick and egg and smash it on their head.  It was really just a test though because all the eggs were hard boiled.  But everyone did it!  I was so impressed and knew it was going to be a fun night!

The first game was called "Worm Transfer."  We had to use a spoon in our mouth to transfer live earthworms from one bowl to another.  We had two people face off at a time and took down the times.  It was so fun!  Some people did it crazy fast and others got some stubborn worms that kept wiggling off.  It was so funny!


In the actual Fear Factor show there is always a portion where the contestants had to eat something super nasty.  Not wanting to scare our friends away for good (or prepare anything nasty for that matter) we went with drinking nasty things.  They ranged from various types of hot sauces to a dark and apparently super nasty soy sauce.  I was so impressed, again, they downed this stuff like champs!  Even one contestant was pregnant and did it!  Their faces were priceless though!  Wish I got some better shots of that.

The next game was a physical challenge.  We had to put our leg in a bucket of ice water and see who could keep it in the longest.  Those first 2 minutes are KILLER!  But we all kept them in for 10 minutes.  We called it good there because I think some of those guys would have lasted all night!

We then played another worm/texture game.  I had little Lego man hiding at the bottom of a cup.  One cup was filled with dirt and worms, the other was filled with pork fat...nasty! They faced off with another person to see who could find it them the fastest.  This one got messy and boy were they quick!  We did have one person gag after doing this one too.  I'd call that a successful fear factor game!  ;)

The last game was a race, let's call it "Doggy Run."  We went outside and I gave each couple a dog stick/biscuit to put in their mouth.  The first person had to run across the yard and back and then pass it off to their spouse who had to do the same thing and then pass it off again, and then one last time so each person ran twice.  We took down times to award points to the fastest.  After the race was over I told them that it was just a Slim Jim.  I had originally got dog sticks but upon reading the label it said to be sure to wash hands after handling so I figured they should probably not go in our mouths and the slim jims looked exactly like the sticks.  It was so fun!


We then ate some nasty looking but yummy tasting food as the points were tallied. 
And this adorable couple won!
What was the prize you ask?  A Scorpion lollipop!


It was such a fun night!  I'm so glad we did it.  We have some awesome friends.  I wish we did stuff like this more often. A group date once a month would be such a blast.  At least once a quarter!  I'm planning on doing our usual New Years Eve shin dig again.  I think this year will be a Minute to Win it theme.  Can't wait!

Thanks to everyone who came!  Hope you had as much fun as we did!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Light of the World

I was asked to give a talk yesterday in church.  Kinda daunting knowing it was Christmas Sunday, but I think it went pretty well.  I like remembering my talk so I'm throwing it up here mainly for my own record.  But maybe it will bless the lives of others too.  I hope you all have a very Merry Christmas and that the Light of Christ will be upon you and radiate from you now and forever. Jesus Christ: The Light of the World Rebecca’s talk given on 12/20/2015 Jesus Christ.  Can a topic be any broader? I have spent a lot of time over the last 6 weeks trying to decide what direction I wanted to go and I kept going back to the same thought, Jesus is the light of the world.  This is not an insignificant statement, but very profound and very important.  Let’s start from the beginning. Many Prophets have testified of the fact that Jesus Christ is the light of the world long before the Savior was even born.  The very first sign of his bir...

Because God Love's Us

  How is Christ’s Birth Significant to me Talk on 12/20/2020 Good Morning Brothers and Sisters & Merry Christmas!   Heavenly Father must know my preferred method for giving a talk is procrastinating because I have been called to fill in last minute on many occasions.   However, this is the first time it’s happened on Christmas Sunday.   But I am happy to be here with you and I’m so grateful for technology that allows us to meet and worship together, especially during this Christmas season.   I’m not gonna lie, this is weird speaking on zoom.   I much prefer being together and making eye contact with you and seeing your encouraging smiles.   So please bear with any awkwardness I may have.   When initially asked to speak, Brother Smith gave me the topic of “How Christ’s birth is significant to me.”   My initial response was, could that topic be any broader?   But then gratefully he followed it up with “Particularly from the prosp...

Kid's Talks

  Riley’s Primary Talk on Baptism 3/15/20 Today I want to talk on Baptism.   Being baptized is a commandment from Heavenly Father.   We have to be baptized to make it back to Him.   Even Jesus Christ was baptized.   If Jesus Christ was baptized we should be baptized too.   When we turn 8 years old we can choose to follow Jesus Christ’s example and be baptized too.   When we are baptized and confirmed we become members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.     If you have already been baptized, you should remember the covenants, or promises you made.   If you have not been baptized, you should study and pray and keep the commandments so that when you turn 8 years old you will be ready. We should all remember how important baptism is.   I am really excited I get to be baptized next year.   In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen Faith Parker’s Talk   2/16/20   Today, my talk is going to be about f...