So you may or may not know that I am officially the proud owner of a smart phone! I know, it has been a long time coming. I probably would have held out longer, but my good old flip phone finally bit the dust. It was a good phone. My main problem with it was that it would allow me to take pictures but would not let me get them off. So frustrating! So before we completely got rid of it I begged my super awesome and super tech savvy hubby to try and get them off for me. There was nothing crucial on there, just those little moments you snap of your kid when you don't have a real camera. Well, I'm happy to announce that after much time and effort on his part, he got the pictures! Isn't he the BEST!
Anyway, lest these special moments go unnoticed and forgotten, I figured I'd do a few blog posts (there are a lot of pics covering the past 2 years I used that phone). Some have the date saved and some do not, which make remembering when and why and where a little tricky. So I have decided to start with the most recent and work my way back. The oldest ones are the best! I am shocked at how much the kids really have grown! Clearly these post are more for me than for you... but there are some pretty darn cute pictures so I'd at least take a glance if I were you. :)
Part 1: Life According to my Old Phone: January - April 2013
Did you know there is an awesome little hike behind the park in Clayton? Well one day the kids weren't quite ready to go home, so we decided to check it out. It was lots of fun! Em wasn't loving being up so high, but we all made it back safe and sound. Now every time we go to that park the kids ask to hike up the mountain again.
G & G Score gave us these awesome Dodger hats. The kids LOVE them!
Found this puppy for only $2 at Kohls one day. Despite the fact that it is much to small, he still loves it! My favorite thing about it is his permanent wedgie he has while he wears it. His little buns look so darn cute! haha!
Me and the kid's testing out our new ride. One of our Christmas presents & we all loved it!
Riding bikes in the church parking lot after music time.
Trying out a new park with some of our best buds! These kids have known each other practically their entire lives. Love that they are such good friends!
We tend to stay at the park longer than the average family. Here we are one day after all of our friends had come and gone. See those smiles... that is why we stay so long!
Em just testing out some of my old shades. She is too cute for words!
I got tickets for the BYU vs. Saint Mary's Basketball game for my birthday which was a blast! But I must admit that I literally laughed out loud when I walked in and saw how tiny this arena was! I'm so used to the Marriot Center at BYU that I guess I just assumed all college's had a large arena. I mean really, some high school's are bigger than this!
Took the P-man to his 4 year well check which also came with MANY shots! The poor guy did great and I treated him to Ice Cream after. It was so fun to have one on one time with him. Usually I bring Em along to all appointments, but thought we'd make this one a little special. Now I kinda want to do this every time! Also, just for memory's sake, this was also the day I found a hair in my ice cream. And I don't mean resting ON my ice cream... I mean IN my ice cream. NASTY! Luckily I got a new one no charge.
Pretending to be Bats at the Zoo is one of their favorite things to do! This was also the day that Em was accidentally pushed into the pond.. like all the way submerged in nasty smelly water. She thus spent the entire day with no socks, no shirt (luckily I had the sweatshirt), and I rung out her pants. I told her we could go home, but we had only been there about 30 minutes when it happened. Luckily it was a pretty warm day, so she dried fast and we bought her a new outfit on the way to daddy's work (of course this would happen the one day we have lots of plans and I don't bring extra clothes). We met daddy at work, went out to eat, and then explored the new outlets in Livermore. Despite the tragedy, it was an awesome day!
This one is pretty embarrassing, but I do want to remember this darn room. It gets the best of me EVERY WEEK! It eventually gets as bad as pic one the before, and then I do a deep organizing purging session and get it at least semi-functional like pic 2, the after. I have to do this at least once a month. I need help! My most recent one turned out even better though! I got rid of a ton of "someday" projects, DI bags, and old cloths... I still have a long way to go though!
Another semi embarrassing shot of our backyard. Those pretty weeds in pic one sprung up so fast! Last year I tore them out by hand leaving a big dirt yard which was fine. This year I decided to mow it. So here is the before and after of the mowing job.
Em got this little dress from Grandma and she loves it! She would probably wear it every day if I let her. She never smiles at the camera for me, but this day... for some reason I'm under the table, she smiled just at the right time. Isn't she just the cutest!
Does this melt your heart or what! These two really are BEST FRIENDS! Sure they fight, but most of the time, they play, talk, and love each other. So blessed!
I forgot why, but one day I promised the kids I'd take them out for ice cream. They settled for Frozen Yogurt. P didn't want any toppings, Em wanted only toppings. lol. These two are total opposites in pretty much every aspect of life!
Checking out the mall one day and found this adorable onsie. The kids have a special love for Mike Wizowski! I seriously almost bought this they loved it so much.
Car's have milestones too! I just thought this was a cool one.
A new park opened up nearby we we had to check it out. The kids LOVE it!
Just try and tell me this does not melt your heart! One day we were walking home from the library, and even though I had the stroller, they both wanted to walk the whole way. P even said, "Em, want to hold hands?" They walked together, ran together, looked at bugs together, found numbers together and literally held hands the ENTIRE way home. I Love Love LOVE moments like this!
Well, there you have it, Part 1 of "Life according to my Old Phone." So glad I was able to capture some of these memories and even more glad that Jeff was able to recover all the pictures for me! Life sure is good!




















Comments