Skip to main content

Awesome April

Is it just me or do you go through photo taking spurts.  I was just browsing my pictures to see what I have missed to realized that every single thing I blogged about during the month of April actually happened in March.  Also note, March 11 posts itself.  So I open up my April picture folder to find only a handful of pictures.  According to my camera, April was not that exciting, even though I felt like we were always busy with something.  

Well, I think that now that I have an iPhone (Woot Woot!) those picture-less months are over.  For example.... I have had my phone just BARELY over one week.  How many pictures have I taken in those 9 days? 897!  I kind of wish that was an exaggeration, but it is not.  Granted, we did spend the week on Vacation, so I had many more photo ops than usual, but STILL!!  897 pictures in one week!  I think I need help.

Anyway, here are the few things we did capture from our 
Awesome April Adventures.

It hasn't rained much here this year, but when it has we try to take advantage of the puddles.  This day we were a little late, but had fun walking around our neighborhood in search for puddles.  The kids are so excited that I finally have boots too so I can jump in puddles with them.

The first Wednesday of the month a few museums in the area have a free day.  One of those days happened to be during spring break so we called up some friends and made the long trip out to the Bay Area Discovery Museum.  Although it was CRAZY crowded, we were still able to have a blast and even ran into some of our other friends.  The kids still talk about this day and want to go back again.

General Conference was this month which is always wonderful!  I look forward to it every 6 months!  I really wanted all of us to get as much out of conference as we could, but having a 2 & 4 year old can make it challenging.  Luckily there are TONS of great ideas online, so I found a few that we could implement easily.  We had special words to listen for like, Jesus, Faith, Temple, Prophet, & Family.  If the kids heard someone say a word they got to take a treat out of the bucket for that word.  They thought it was the coolest thing.  We did help them a little, but I was very impressed with how much they picked up on their own.  We also made little Easter Eggs with each of the Apostle's picture on it and hid them around the living room.  When it was that person's turn to speak the kids had to find the egg and open it.  Inside each egg was a different activity to do.  For example some said puzzles, painting, stickers, stamps, quiet books, file folder games... and a few more, but you get the idea.  This was so great for them!  Since their attention spans aren't too huge yet, spending 10 minutes doing one activity was perfect.  By the time they were getting bored with it, it was time to go find another egg.  The kids loved it so much, when it was over they asked why it was all done and if they could watch more!  So I guess we did something right.  :) And it was so nice as parents to be able to pay more attention to each of the talks as well. We will certainly be doing this again!

We of course spent lots of time at the park, as usual.  And this particular day we got our very first Ice Cream from the Ice Cream Man.  I had been putting it off as long as I could because I knew once I did it one time, every time they heard or saw the truck they would ask for some.  But this day was so hot and he parked right next to my car, and I just happened to have $2 cash. So I splurged.  I did explain to the kids that this was a special thing and that we would not do this every time we saw one.  I was worried they wouldn't understand, but they totally did.  Since then we have obviously seen many ice cream trucks and they do always ask, but once I say not this time they totally drop it.

Enjoying their Popsicle from the Ice Cream Truck.

Jeff was out of town for 2 weeks in April.  It was rough, but we survived.  The kids sure did miss him!  Well, when he came back, the client he was assigned to was not too busy so they pretty much told Jeff to take the next week off, especially since he would be traveling for the 2 following weeks.  We gladly accepted.  We had tons of fun!  The first day we let him sleep in, and then we did some family work in the back yard.  We built a new floor out of bricks for Em's house and then even added a pathway.  The kids were such great helpers and it really was so fun to work together as a family outside.  I love how everything turned out and so do the kids!

The kids also had a BLAST playing in a fresh pile of dirt with these awesome gardening tools I got from the Target Dollar section.  Have I mentioned how much I love Target?

My parents went on a trip to Hawaii and of course brought back souvenirs   They got all sorts of fun stuff, but I think their favorites were these outfits!  Em has worn her dress at least 5 times and she's only had it for like 10 days. :)

And I'm not one for little kids showing skin, but seriously, she is THE CUTEST little hula girl ever!
Even with that worried look on her face, lol.

And this boy in these Batman undies just might be one of my favorite things in the world.

And that was it from my camera.  Sad huh?
Luckily we had a few awesome adventures with Daddy and so I stole these pics from his camera.

So daddy spent 2 weeks in Minnesota which looked like this while he was there.  We were playing in the sprinklers while he was walking through the snow.    So when he came home for the weekend we tried to make the most of it and went on a family Bike Ride.

We rode from my in-laws to a park in Walnut Creek.  The kids did great and Em actually ended up falling asleep.  We ate snacks and stayed and played at the park for a while and then started the long ride back home.  It was a beautiful day and felt so wonderful to be outside and together as a family. 

After an intense busy season and Jeff having to spend 2 weeks out of state, they strongly encouraged Jeff to take a week off which we all really appreciated!  :)  One of those days we headed out to the Bay Area Discovery Museum again.  And then hit the beach on the way home.  It was such a perfect day! 


The beach is so much more fun with daddy!  He dug a hole, which turned into a bigger hole, which turned into a slide, which he added stairs too.  Seriously... who can compete with that!  The kids kept telling everyone that their daddy built them a park at the beach.  They sure loved it!  And by the end they started going in head first!


 I still cant believe how quickly time is passing!  Love how I'm finally finishing this post now that May is almost over too!  I have TONS more to post about, but guess what!  Jeff is off this week.  We are having an awesome little stay-cation so I can pretty much guarantee that I will not be posting again until he head back to work.  So hopefully these pics will hold you over for a little while.  May has been shaping up to be an awesome month too.  Can't wait to tell you all about it!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Light of the World

I was asked to give a talk yesterday in church.  Kinda daunting knowing it was Christmas Sunday, but I think it went pretty well.  I like remembering my talk so I'm throwing it up here mainly for my own record.  But maybe it will bless the lives of others too.  I hope you all have a very Merry Christmas and that the Light of Christ will be upon you and radiate from you now and forever. Jesus Christ: The Light of the World Rebecca’s talk given on 12/20/2015 Jesus Christ.  Can a topic be any broader? I have spent a lot of time over the last 6 weeks trying to decide what direction I wanted to go and I kept going back to the same thought, Jesus is the light of the world.  This is not an insignificant statement, but very profound and very important.  Let’s start from the beginning. Many Prophets have testified of the fact that Jesus Christ is the light of the world long before the Savior was even born.  The very first sign of his bir...

Because God Love's Us

  How is Christ’s Birth Significant to me Talk on 12/20/2020 Good Morning Brothers and Sisters & Merry Christmas!   Heavenly Father must know my preferred method for giving a talk is procrastinating because I have been called to fill in last minute on many occasions.   However, this is the first time it’s happened on Christmas Sunday.   But I am happy to be here with you and I’m so grateful for technology that allows us to meet and worship together, especially during this Christmas season.   I’m not gonna lie, this is weird speaking on zoom.   I much prefer being together and making eye contact with you and seeing your encouraging smiles.   So please bear with any awkwardness I may have.   When initially asked to speak, Brother Smith gave me the topic of “How Christ’s birth is significant to me.”   My initial response was, could that topic be any broader?   But then gratefully he followed it up with “Particularly from the prosp...

Kid's Talks

  Riley’s Primary Talk on Baptism 3/15/20 Today I want to talk on Baptism.   Being baptized is a commandment from Heavenly Father.   We have to be baptized to make it back to Him.   Even Jesus Christ was baptized.   If Jesus Christ was baptized we should be baptized too.   When we turn 8 years old we can choose to follow Jesus Christ’s example and be baptized too.   When we are baptized and confirmed we become members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.     If you have already been baptized, you should remember the covenants, or promises you made.   If you have not been baptized, you should study and pray and keep the commandments so that when you turn 8 years old you will be ready. We should all remember how important baptism is.   I am really excited I get to be baptized next year.   In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen Faith Parker’s Talk   2/16/20   Today, my talk is going to be about f...