So I realized after the fact that missed some memorable March moments in my last photo dump So here are a few more.
P has gotten so good at his balance bike that I thought that he was ready for the real deal. I did a little hunting on Craigslist and I ended up getting new bikes for P and Em. Em's was too big for her, which I knew before I bought it, but it seemed like a good deal. We ended up trading one of our friends who had out grown her bike, so it worked out perfectly!
Although P was SUPER excited about his new bike the pedals kinda of threw him off. He didn't like them and it took me a while to even get him to try sitting on the bike. I only got him to ride it once, which he pretty much hated the whole time. But then I let him ride his old balance bike down the hill in the street as a reward for being brave and trying the new bike...
All smiles! Although I know he could totally ride a regular bike without training wheels no problem, I guess I shouldn't rush him. He is comfortable with where he is and he LOVES it. And I love watching him. I'm still amazed at his balance every time he rides. He can ride down our entire hill/ct without putting his feet down once. He can even turn corners perfectly without using his feet. I'm so impressed! I suppose I'll just take it at his speed since it is all about him and having fun anyway right?
We also had some lollipops to celebrate.
And they of course wanted to taste each others...
Crazy Kids!
I made this AMAZING cake for Granny's birthday. It was a HIT! Jeff ended up asking me to make it again the next week for his co-workers. And then I made it again for a ward dessert auction. I think it sold for $160 or some crazy amount like that. But I must admit...It was seriously delicious.
I tried really hard to make St. Patrick's day fun. The kids woke up to a treasure hunt left by the leprechauns They left clues that took them all over the house and ended with finding a pot of gold coins (chocolate of course) in the fridge. Daddy made us awesome clover pancakes. And P enjoyed his milk that the leprechauns turned green. He thought that was the coolest thing.
One night I went to check on the kids before I got into bed to discover this. It cracked me up! This boy can sleep in the weirdest ways. I did move him since I was slightly worried he was going to just slide all the way off the bed. And it sent me to bed chuckling which is a great way to end the day.
Right before Easter some friends invited us over to build these adorable candy birdhouses. The kids were so excited... for like 2 mins. Haha! The houses took a little longer to set then we anticipated and kids, candy, and patience just don't go well together. But alas, we still finished and the kids loved it! I think they came out super cute. I certainly want to do it again next year. I think if we will just make the houses a head of time and then let the kids decorate it with candy it will be even more well received. But it sure was a blast!
And I think that is all of the stuff I missed in March. Now I need to catch up for April & get started on May. Let the blogging marathon begin!







Comments