Skip to main content

Yong, Yong Hair

Em is obsessed with Rapunzle and that would be how she says long, long hair.  She has heard a few random strangers comment on how much hair she has especially for her age & size and so now anytime she thinks about hair (which is about a million times a day) she says: "I have yong, yong hair like Rapunzle."  It makes me laugh every time.

It wasn't too long ago that I too had long, long hair; I generally wore it in a pony tail and it looked a little to similar to an actually pony's tail so I decided it was time for a chop.   I debated a long time on how to cut it, but here's the thing... I love my hair.  I love long hair.  My hair is in a pony/messy bun 95% of the time.  I do not spend more than 2 minutes max on my hair 29 days out of 30.  So simple it was.  Basically just took off some length and kept some layers.  Doesn't look like much from the front view but if you compare the back view you can really see how much I took off.

(note: please ignore the awkward pics, the hubs has been working late so I had to take them myself which is never a good thing)




Do I love it... meh.  
Do I hate it... no.  
Does it feel good... yes.  
Does it feel healthy... yes.
Does it do all that I need ... yes.
Does it still feel weird to wash and comb... yes.
Will I wear it down more than once a month ... debatable.

Comments

heather said…
Holy long hair! That's crazy!! You look beautiful as always Bec!!
wow it was so long! I have been too busy to cut my hair so it's gotten long too. I'm the same way as you, it's always back, partly because it's been so hot, and partly because the baby grabs it, and partly because I don't have time to style it. I've been debating whether to chop it too. Maybe when I have more time to style it. Lol. Did you donate the hair you cut off??
I think the last time I saw your hair that long we were in elementary school and your Mom would always have it in some adorable style with those ball rubber bands.. I know you know what Im talking about :)You look great, Bec! Seriously, you dont look like you've popped out two babies.. go you!!
Rachel Wilson said…
Holy crap Repunzel! Your hair was LONG! You took a lot off and it's STILL long! Looks good! Doesn't it feel good to have some of that length off? Sorry you only feel meh about it. I feel the same about my haircut. Don't worry though, it looks really good!

Popular posts from this blog

The Light of the World

I was asked to give a talk yesterday in church.  Kinda daunting knowing it was Christmas Sunday, but I think it went pretty well.  I like remembering my talk so I'm throwing it up here mainly for my own record.  But maybe it will bless the lives of others too.  I hope you all have a very Merry Christmas and that the Light of Christ will be upon you and radiate from you now and forever. Jesus Christ: The Light of the World Rebecca’s talk given on 12/20/2015 Jesus Christ.  Can a topic be any broader? I have spent a lot of time over the last 6 weeks trying to decide what direction I wanted to go and I kept going back to the same thought, Jesus is the light of the world.  This is not an insignificant statement, but very profound and very important.  Let’s start from the beginning. Many Prophets have testified of the fact that Jesus Christ is the light of the world long before the Savior was even born.  The very first sign of his bir...

Because God Love's Us

  How is Christ’s Birth Significant to me Talk on 12/20/2020 Good Morning Brothers and Sisters & Merry Christmas!   Heavenly Father must know my preferred method for giving a talk is procrastinating because I have been called to fill in last minute on many occasions.   However, this is the first time it’s happened on Christmas Sunday.   But I am happy to be here with you and I’m so grateful for technology that allows us to meet and worship together, especially during this Christmas season.   I’m not gonna lie, this is weird speaking on zoom.   I much prefer being together and making eye contact with you and seeing your encouraging smiles.   So please bear with any awkwardness I may have.   When initially asked to speak, Brother Smith gave me the topic of “How Christ’s birth is significant to me.”   My initial response was, could that topic be any broader?   But then gratefully he followed it up with “Particularly from the prosp...

Kid's Talks

  Riley’s Primary Talk on Baptism 3/15/20 Today I want to talk on Baptism.   Being baptized is a commandment from Heavenly Father.   We have to be baptized to make it back to Him.   Even Jesus Christ was baptized.   If Jesus Christ was baptized we should be baptized too.   When we turn 8 years old we can choose to follow Jesus Christ’s example and be baptized too.   When we are baptized and confirmed we become members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.     If you have already been baptized, you should remember the covenants, or promises you made.   If you have not been baptized, you should study and pray and keep the commandments so that when you turn 8 years old you will be ready. We should all remember how important baptism is.   I am really excited I get to be baptized next year.   In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen Faith Parker’s Talk   2/16/20   Today, my talk is going to be about f...