Skip to main content

Behind

I know, I know ... I am quite behind in my blogging, but today I actually want to talk about A specific behind .  Em's behind to be exact.  I have been debating potty training this girl for months now.  Anytime I think she is ready I come up with a reason she is not, IE: I am not ready.  But after a little incident today I think I cannot postpone it anymore.

It actually starts a couple of days ago at my parents.  Em was tooting quite a bit and I kept asking her if she needed to go potty.  She would just giggle and say no.  The tooting continued and then she finally told me she was going to go.  I told her to wait and run to the bathroom so she could use the potty.  She got very excited so I picked her up and RAN!  She made it just in the nick of time!  She was so excited!  She came running out of the bathroom telling everyone there that she just pooped in the potty.  She was very proud and VERY excited about her treat.  I was happy too but not holding my hopes too high because she has actually done that a few times but only when I see she is about to go, she would never tell me.

So that brings us to today.  We had a busy morning, cleaning, a walk to the park and library, and then to Grandma's to decorate her porch for her birthday.  The kids were a little on the grumpy whiny side which meant we were going to take the scenic route home.  Usually Em is out super fast, but not today, P was out first.  Finally I pulled into the driveway thinking she was out too when all the sudden she shouted, "We are Home!  Now we can eat snacks, and read books, and play toys, and watch a show..."  I explained to her that we would have one snack while we read our new library books and then we were going to take a nap like P (I had a late night last night so I was planning on napping with them too).  So we did those things.  We ate, read, and then hopped in bed but this girl would not sit still.  She was rolling and climbing and singing and wiggling and laughing ... everything but sleeping.

After an hour I became the "mean mom" and she finally held still, at least long enough that I fell asleep.  I wake up to Em, with no pants and no diaper on.  I was so upset because she had done the same thing the night before, TWICE!  I stated talking to her about how she is not supposed to take off her diaper and then she said, "But mommy, I pooped."  So now I am thinking GREAT, where is the random pile of poop I am going to have to clean up.  Then she got excited and said, "I pooped in the potty!"  I truly did not believe her so I told her to show me.  Low and behold, she really did!  While I feel asleep (bad mommy moment, but she was supposed to be asleep too!) she took off her pants and diaper, went into the bathroom and pooped in her little potty.  At the time in my groggy just awoken state I was happy, frustrated, and proud all at the same time.  We had a little chat, put on a new diaper, and then she finally fell asleep.

In hindsight now I am SOOOO proud and very excited.  Hopefully this means the transition into being fully potty trained will go smoothly.  But whether I am ready or not, she certainly is!  What a big girl!

Now as for me being behind in the blog, here is what you have to look forward to someday:

  • Trip to Washington
  • New Bed
  • Girls Camp
  • Words on the Pismo Week 3, lol
  • Labor day weekend

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Light of the World

I was asked to give a talk yesterday in church.  Kinda daunting knowing it was Christmas Sunday, but I think it went pretty well.  I like remembering my talk so I'm throwing it up here mainly for my own record.  But maybe it will bless the lives of others too.  I hope you all have a very Merry Christmas and that the Light of Christ will be upon you and radiate from you now and forever. Jesus Christ: The Light of the World Rebecca’s talk given on 12/20/2015 Jesus Christ.  Can a topic be any broader? I have spent a lot of time over the last 6 weeks trying to decide what direction I wanted to go and I kept going back to the same thought, Jesus is the light of the world.  This is not an insignificant statement, but very profound and very important.  Let’s start from the beginning. Many Prophets have testified of the fact that Jesus Christ is the light of the world long before the Savior was even born.  The very first sign of his bir...

Because God Love's Us

  How is Christ’s Birth Significant to me Talk on 12/20/2020 Good Morning Brothers and Sisters & Merry Christmas!   Heavenly Father must know my preferred method for giving a talk is procrastinating because I have been called to fill in last minute on many occasions.   However, this is the first time it’s happened on Christmas Sunday.   But I am happy to be here with you and I’m so grateful for technology that allows us to meet and worship together, especially during this Christmas season.   I’m not gonna lie, this is weird speaking on zoom.   I much prefer being together and making eye contact with you and seeing your encouraging smiles.   So please bear with any awkwardness I may have.   When initially asked to speak, Brother Smith gave me the topic of “How Christ’s birth is significant to me.”   My initial response was, could that topic be any broader?   But then gratefully he followed it up with “Particularly from the prosp...

Kid's Talks

  Riley’s Primary Talk on Baptism 3/15/20 Today I want to talk on Baptism.   Being baptized is a commandment from Heavenly Father.   We have to be baptized to make it back to Him.   Even Jesus Christ was baptized.   If Jesus Christ was baptized we should be baptized too.   When we turn 8 years old we can choose to follow Jesus Christ’s example and be baptized too.   When we are baptized and confirmed we become members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.     If you have already been baptized, you should remember the covenants, or promises you made.   If you have not been baptized, you should study and pray and keep the commandments so that when you turn 8 years old you will be ready. We should all remember how important baptism is.   I am really excited I get to be baptized next year.   In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen Faith Parker’s Talk   2/16/20   Today, my talk is going to be about f...