Well, almost a month later I am finally getting around to blogging about are amazing 2 weeks in Paradise! You may remember that Jeff has to go to Pismo Beach (About 10 miles south of San Luis Obispo) for work. We went for a little while last year and this year we decided to go for the whole shabang! The two weeks he had to be there actually surrounded Memorial Day Weekend, so we called up our buddies from Provo to see if they could get together for our annual summer get together and it worked out perfectly! So these are our adventures from one in Pismo.
p.s. there is a RIDICULOUS amount of pictures.
Sorry. I just love their faces and couldn't narrow it down. :)
Day 1 - Sunday - May 20
So we actually drove down Sunday afternoon. The kids did great in the car and slept most of the way. They were so excited when we got to our "Hotel Home" which is what they call it. Parker totally remembered it from last year which impressed me. We got there in time to grab some dinner, check in, and take a nice evening stroll on the beach as a family.
Day 2 - Monday - May 21
This day was actually a pretty relaxed day. We went to the store to get our lunch grub for the week (the hotel has breakfast and we go out with Jeff for dinner so lunch and snacks were all we had to worry about). We tried out a new beach, Avalia Beach to be exact. It was awesome! It had an awsome park right next to the beach, some swings and a slid ON the beach, and a MASSIVE pier which the kids wanted to walk on. Of course they insisted on going all the way to the end, and of course I didn't have my stroller or even my bag of snacks for that matter. Take a wild guess what happened when we reached the end of the pier... Yup, they both wanted me to hold them. The poor kids, it was a little over a mile round trip, in the sun by the time we made it back to the car. I walked a good 1/4 mile with both kids in arms and the other 1/4 mile I was altering between the two. oops! You know I didn't make that mistake again! Also, all my pictures from this day were on my phone. I got some really good ones, but they are still stuck on my phone.
After naps, and you know they napped after that long morning, we went swimming at the hotel pool until daddy got off work. Then we went out to dinner at a Japanese place. Thought the kids would love it, but they were scared to death of the fire. lol. O-well, the rest of us enjoyed the show.
Day 3 - Tuesday - May 22
We packed up and headed to the awesome town of Atascadero, just a few miles north of SLO. It is home of the local Zoo which we also hit up last year. The kids had such a great time here. The zoo is SUPER small, so it was nice to have them just walk around themselves. Some animals we saw more than once. Some we sat and watched for 15 mins. It was great! I have learned that life is much simpler when I let them take the lead. We are all much happier when I do.
Right next to the zoo is an AWESOME park. I packed us a lunch and we headed to the park to eat and play. We stayed there longer then we stayed at the zoo, lol, but again, letting the kids take the lead and we were all happy.
When it was time to pack up and head out I decided to let the kids make one final stop to waste some more time and calm down a bit so we stopped at the local library. It is actually an awesome library for kids. Em played with a million stuffed animals, P did close to two dozen puzzles (every single one they had), and we read a few books before we hopped in the car to head back to our hotel home and take a nap.
Most definitely a fun day! We ended the day at dinner with Daddy at the Ventana Grill. Awesome Day!
![]() |
| I dont know why, but my kids LOVE these Meerkats. We watched them for well over 15 mins. And came back to them more than once. |
![]() |
| The awesome Lion Water fountain |
![]() |
| Is it weird that I judge the success of our day by weather or not my kids take a nap. |
Before we headed down I did a little research on things we could do while we were on our trip. I found this awesome children's in SLO and decided to take the kids there one day. We got there right when it opened and stayed as long as we could (ie: until grumpiness and tiredness sets in). They did great and LOVED learning and exploring. Most of my pictures indoors didn't turn out, but a few of their favorite things were: being inside a huge bubble, exploring a dark cave to see what objects can glow, pretending to be firemen and drive a fire truck, shopping at the mock farmer's market, cooking mommy some food in the diner, climbing a tower, and of course an entire room dedicated to trains! It was a blast!
Right next to the museum there was a Foster's Freeze so we took a little stroll over and I treated them to a delicious shake. Despite the fries and ice cream, Em was content on just eating old apple slices which I was totally ok with. More healthy for her which makes me feel like a better mom, lol, but if I am really honest it just meant more for me! :)
We had to park kinda far from the museum so I decided to take the kids on a little stroll by the SLO Mission. We did the same thing last year and I knew that now the kids are a little older they would love it even more. They did. We hopped across a little creek on rocks, climbed lots of stairs, saw the mission and a cool water fountain with bears. The kids loved!
After a good nap we woke up and met dad for dinner. Another great day in Paradise!
![]() |
| Nope, not windy at all. lol. I wish that little girl would let me do her hair! |
![]() |
| Riding a real motorcycle |
![]() |
| Eye-spy tower |
![]() |
| This is Em telling me she is "little" she makes that face and hands every time. |
![]() |
| Love it! |
![]() |
| It doesn't look like it (probably because he didn't want to share), but he is loving his shake. |
![]() |
| Em just wanted apples. |
![]() |
| Exploring downtown SLO |
![]() |
| "Mom, can I please jump all the way across?" |
![]() |
| River Rock Jumping |
![]() |
| Right outside the SLO Mission |
![]() |
| Yet another successful trip! |
![]() |
| And this is what I did during nap time, just watch the waves from our room. |
![]() |
| Waiting for daddy to meet us for dinner. |
Day 5 - Thursday - May 24
Jeff had Friday and Monday off for memorial day so Thursday he only had to work a half day. We spent the morning packing up our hotel and checking out. Then we spent a couple hours on the beach until it was time to pick daddy up from work and head south to LA. The kids LOVE the beach. They love the sand, the waves, the wind, the shells and it seemed like the more we went, the more they feel in love with it. This was one of our best beach days. Despite not being in the proper beach attire, it was a blast! The kids usually stay away from the water but of course the one day they have pants on they dive right in. lol. O-well, we all still had a blast and P was perfectly content running around in his Skivvies!
![]() |
| Chasing the birds |
![]() |
| First time discovering the "Goopy Sand" I LOVE this pic! |
![]() |
| To eat or not to eat, that is the question |
![]() |
| And another failed attempt... |
![]() |
| Love this picture! |
Stay tuned for part 2...







































Comments