You heard that right folks!
My first time [real] golfing EVER and on the very first hole I got A HOLE IN ONE!
Granted, it was the putting course... but still! I was stoked!
For Christmas I bought Jeff a Groupon for us to go golfing together. He goes with my dad fairly often and I thought it would be a fun date for us. Well, 6 months later the coupon was going to expire so we finally went. It was a cute little course in Pleasant Hill called Grayson Woods. It came with a 18 hole putting course and a 9 hole regular course. We decided to start with the putting to help us warm up for the real deal. It was so fun! Yes, starting off with a HOLE IN ONE did help me get in good spirits, and winning overall helped too. :) But I was mostly just excited to by out on a date with my hubby without my children! I do enjoying putting. Both Jeff and I were so bummed when they took out the local Mini Golf place. We even attempted Ghost Golf last year to help fill the void, worst decision ever! It cost about $14 for about 7 minutes of our time. So I'm glad we know about this place and we can just go put whenever we are in the mood.
![]() |
| Hitting the winning put. |
It was a quick little game, and I really did win fair and square but it was a ton of fun!
After the putting we practiced (I learned) how to tee-off for a few minutes. Way harder than I expected it to be especially since you are hitting a stationary ball. It was hard for me to get the body positioning right because I kept standing like I was going to hit a baseball with my elbow up, no good for golf. After a few successful strokes we decided to hit the course.
I let Jeff go first so he could show me how it is done. Doesn't he look like such a pro! It was fun to watch him and he was a great teacher. He was so patient and encouraging and... generous. He didn't even count any of my whiffs! (That is my word for when you swing and miss).
I was so nervous! I stood there for a while before I even took my first swing. After a few tries, success! I made contact with the ball and it wasn't too horrible either!
I am obviously not a pro, but I did do much better than I expected. I was amazed at how much I learned with each swing and I made some serious improvement by the last few holes. I did get some CRAZY LUCKY bounces. You know, the kind that defy gravity. Luckily they were all in my favor and got me closer to the green. I guess that was my beginner's luck kicking in.
Jeff did awesome! A couple of times he made it straight onto the green. Below is his victory pose after one of his best shots of the day. I was seriously impressed. And above is a shot of my ball in the rough but I was so proud that you could see the flag from where it landed. lol.
This was one of the craziest holes, the green is at the bottom of the hill. It was a fun one though! I must say, I'm so buff that I actually over shot this one, not by too much but still, I was feeling strong and cool.
This is a shot of my ball at the last hole. Please note, pond at the top of the picture, sand at the bottom, and my ball right in the middle in the grass. Another one of those lucky shots I was talking about. I was still a little ways away from the hole but at least my ball wasn't in the water (like my first attempt at this whole...shhh.). Jeff obviously won this game, but really, I did much better than I thought I would. I think I only lost 2 balls. :)
I really didn't think I would like this silly sport of golf, but I must say after playing, it really is fun! I learned a ton and most of all gained a MAJOR respect for the game! I even watched the US Open on Sunday and was totally into it. Seriously, who am I! I would have NEVER done that a week ago. How things change with time and experience. Now I'm not going to go out and by myself some clubs or anything (thanks Pop for letting me borrow yours!), but I do hope we go again. It was just so nice being out doors, with my favorite person, with no kids (Thanks to my Mother-in-Law for taking care of the kiddos), just having fun together. I so needed that!
So Merry Christmas Hubs!
I hope you enjoyed your present as much as I did. :)










Comments