So, you may remember I took a cake decorating class like 3 years ago. I did it just for fun and with no real purpose except for me to have some me time. I posted a little about it
here (beware, it includes some pictures of some of my first cakes, a little embarrassing, lol) Little did I know how much I would love doing it! And luckily my family, loves cake so I get lots of practice. Below are some pictures of cakes I've made over the past few months.
I have also been asked to make some cakes for some friends which I was more than happy to do. Like I said, I do enjoy it and I like getting practice and trying new techniques. Recently I had my first paying gig. It was intense and I was quite nervous but also very excited. It was for a cake for a 100th birthday party. I ended up making six cakes in total which was a lot of work, but also a lot of fun. They were pretty simple for the most part, except for the Smucker's jar, but I think it came out pretty good.
 |
| Thanksgiving Fun |
 |
| P's Birthday Cake |
 |
| My first Wedding Cake! |
 |
| Fourth of July experiment flag cake |
 |
| This was for a cake auction |
 |
| Twins First Birthday Cakes |
Looks like this is a hobby I am actually going to keep up. I still have TONS of room for improvement, but luckily the practice comes with delicious benefits! :)
Comments