Is it just me, or does he look so much older?
I really feel like he went to sleep a toddler and woke up a boy.
I'm obviously a little behind on the blog but I figured I should post about the P-man's birthday that happened last week.
Although I was really excited about throwing him a party this year, I just could not get my party throwing mojo into gear. He wanted a train party which sounded easy enough but how do you throw an awesome train party without actually getting to ride a train? I was bummed about the fact that we are not rich [quite the opposite actually] and so we couldn't host this awesome party where went to an awesome park and rode the train all day long. I know, sometimes I live in a dream world, but you cant deny the kids would have loved it.
So our next option was to make our own train, so I did.
I made these cool little box trains with faces like Thomas & Friends and then I drew a really long chalk train track from our front door, all around the driveway, and around to the side of the yard. The kids loved it! The boxes were a little awkward for their little bodies, but they still wanted to use them. It was fun to watch them running along shouting "Choo Choo!"
Next we borrowed a parachute and played with it a little. The kids did enjoy it, but lost interest quicker than I thought.
I made this little cardboard train and lined it with tin foil and filled it with our lunch & snacks.
There was a Coal Car = Olives
Log Car = Pretzels
Produce Car = Celery & Carrots
And the last car had grapes
The kids thought this was super fun. I was so glad I made it!
We of course had to have a train cake.
(I personally think it looks a little bit more like a tractor than a train,
but P loved it and I guess that is all that matters)
He helped me pick the colors and put on the wheels and sprinkles. He was so excited about this cake it was adorable. Before his birthday if you asked him what he wanted he would say "A CAKE!" And then after his party if you ask him what they did he would say, "I had cake. A train cake!" It was the high light of his party. Me must take after his daddy. :)
Then we opened presents. I kind of requested no toys, I feel like we are already Toys R Us. I mentioned that if they felt the need to get something play dough would be a good gift. This kid can not get enough of the stuff and on the days I let him play with it he literally plays with it ALL DAY LONG. As a result it dries out pretty quickly.
Well, lucky P, the request was granted and he got Play Dough, lots of play dough and he LOVES IT! He has played with it every single day since he got it. And when he is not playing with it, he is begging me to play with it.
Anyway, after seeing all the play dough the kids all got pretty excited about it so we decided to bust it out right then and there. The kids had a blast!
It was such a great little party. Everyone got along so well and I think everyone had a good time. I know my kids sure did. The train track is still there so we have also been running on that on a daily basis as well. Too bad it is going to rain soon.
Happy Birthday P-Man!
You really are my sunshine.
We love you!








Comments
What a fun party idea. I love boy parties.
I'm with Megan, whatever you didn't get into your party mojo. It looks like a pretty awesome party to me! This is the first year I've entered into the "themed party land" Holy shmokes, they are a lot of work!
So fun though! Your train party looks awesome! I love the little train car ideas. How fun for the kids! And P-man looks adorable, as always. Happy Birthday, P-man!