Skip to main content

A Fabulous February!

Well, today was one of those days.  
You know, the days you barely make it through.  
The days that you ball with your baby instead of being strong for them.  
The days that you want to just run and hide.  
The days you are pretty sure could not get any worse.
Yep, that was today.

While I am waiting for the hubs to get home I decided to blog.  Mostly so I can look at the cute pictures of my children which would soften my heart, which is in much need of softening today. Guess what, it worked.  As soon as I opened up the picture folder to find something to post I saw this picture and just melted.  
Did you know that these two are best friends.  And I really do mean Best Friends.  Of course they fight, nag, and bicker, but so do all best friends.  But lately (aside from today), they have just been loving on each other.  Long hugs.  Asking each other for help.  Reading to each other.  Making each other laugh hysterically.  It is the best!

Here is a random assorment of some of our Fun Fabulous February!

They love to make tunnels together.  And go through each other's tunnels too.

This is here little spot at my parents.  She loves to sit here.

And sometimes she even shares the seat.

After about 2 full years of not even allowing P to touch the swings, P finally loves them again!



 Jeff and I started a new tradition.  On V-day we wrote each other notes using conversation hearts.  They were awesome!  His made me literally Laugh Out Loud!  We will most definitely be doing that again.
P is trying to be done with naps but it isn't working for either of us.  Some days he does nap and other days like today, he goes to sleep at 6:00 pm because he is so exhausted.


Fun at the Airport

Helping each other play at the airport

MONSTER grapes I bought

This boy cracks me up!

Em has a new found love of pockets.  Pants pockets, sweatshirt pockets, any pockets.  It is adorable.

She got her blood drawn to test for the egg allergy.  I was fully expecting to hold a thrashing and screaming child but she didn't even make a peep!  What a champ!

She is also obsessed with being naked.  She is currently into taking off her own diaper.  This doesn't make me happy especially on days like today that the end result is an awesome stinky pile of poop on my carpet.

And they of course love to help me make frosting.

Who couldn't love these faces?
So yes, today was hard.  But I am still so love with these kiddos.  They are the light of my life and where the majority of my Joy comes from.  There are not words to express how deeply I love these kids.  But I must say, there is a reason Heavenly Father makes them so dang cute!  :)

Here is to hoping that tomorrow is filled with more joys than tears.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Light of the World

I was asked to give a talk yesterday in church.  Kinda daunting knowing it was Christmas Sunday, but I think it went pretty well.  I like remembering my talk so I'm throwing it up here mainly for my own record.  But maybe it will bless the lives of others too.  I hope you all have a very Merry Christmas and that the Light of Christ will be upon you and radiate from you now and forever. Jesus Christ: The Light of the World Rebecca’s talk given on 12/20/2015 Jesus Christ.  Can a topic be any broader? I have spent a lot of time over the last 6 weeks trying to decide what direction I wanted to go and I kept going back to the same thought, Jesus is the light of the world.  This is not an insignificant statement, but very profound and very important.  Let’s start from the beginning. Many Prophets have testified of the fact that Jesus Christ is the light of the world long before the Savior was even born.  The very first sign of his bir...

Because God Love's Us

  How is Christ’s Birth Significant to me Talk on 12/20/2020 Good Morning Brothers and Sisters & Merry Christmas!   Heavenly Father must know my preferred method for giving a talk is procrastinating because I have been called to fill in last minute on many occasions.   However, this is the first time it’s happened on Christmas Sunday.   But I am happy to be here with you and I’m so grateful for technology that allows us to meet and worship together, especially during this Christmas season.   I’m not gonna lie, this is weird speaking on zoom.   I much prefer being together and making eye contact with you and seeing your encouraging smiles.   So please bear with any awkwardness I may have.   When initially asked to speak, Brother Smith gave me the topic of “How Christ’s birth is significant to me.”   My initial response was, could that topic be any broader?   But then gratefully he followed it up with “Particularly from the prosp...

Kid's Talks

  Riley’s Primary Talk on Baptism 3/15/20 Today I want to talk on Baptism.   Being baptized is a commandment from Heavenly Father.   We have to be baptized to make it back to Him.   Even Jesus Christ was baptized.   If Jesus Christ was baptized we should be baptized too.   When we turn 8 years old we can choose to follow Jesus Christ’s example and be baptized too.   When we are baptized and confirmed we become members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.     If you have already been baptized, you should remember the covenants, or promises you made.   If you have not been baptized, you should study and pray and keep the commandments so that when you turn 8 years old you will be ready. We should all remember how important baptism is.   I am really excited I get to be baptized next year.   In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen Faith Parker’s Talk   2/16/20   Today, my talk is going to be about f...