Skip to main content

January, where did you go?

Did this month really have 31 days?  It sure didn't seem like it to me.

I feel like our January was kinda boring.

We did have a trip to Utah and Daddy started busy season, but those were the only real things of note.

But I guess a lot of little things did happen.  And I have a quote on my wall that says:

"Little Things Matter Most"

I think it is true.  So here is a photo dump of some of the little things last month.


 Em's poor little toe-nail finally fell off. (A brick fell on it back in October.)
Em wants so badly to be independent these days.  Which usually results in very big yogurt messes.  She is lucky I love her so much!  :)
The kids LOVE to read.  We now read aloud about an hour a day.  And then they also read to each other which melts my heart.


I thought it would be cool to get my first stitches.

Apparently Dora and Scooby Do make our owies better
We spent as much time at the park with our friends as we could.  Some days we were even there for 3 hours.




Don't let that adorable smile fool you.  Her shirt is 100% true!
"And though she be but little, She is Fierce!"


We learned about the letter W and how to be Walruses
I'm sure their mom's love me for that one.  :)

We started styling Em's hair.  Mom clearly needs practice, but isn't she such a doll!

The kids took up wrestling, like 24-7.  They are always tackling each other and laughing hysterically.
Very rarely does it turns into cries.

Curious George found the beater while my back was turned.  First she went straight for the dough, awesome.
She clearly learned this one from daddy!

We played in the mud and FINALLY (after 3 long years)  discovered how much fun swinging is!
And we said goodbye to your besties.


So our month was filled with lots of:
Happy
Sad
Silly
Fun
Crazy
Loud
Tears
Laughter
and Sun.  
I guess it was a pretty typical month.  

Happy February!

Comments

Janneke said…
You forgot to mention you went to UTAH too! :) what a busy month you had.
Vindie said…
The kids are already looking more grown up! Tell them to stop for me! Love them! They look so cute! I can't believe little Em in piggies! I could just squeeze her! She's such a doll! And Parker's loving the swings?!?! No way! I bet school was fun with the Walrus pretending! Man, I miss you guys! Glad your finding joy in the small things! I'm working on that too! =)

Popular posts from this blog

What to pack . . .

So now that he really could come ANY DAY I figured it was probably time for me to pack my bag. I of course have one of those "What to bring" checklist, but I was wondering what your thoughts where. Is there anything you wish you had brought but didn't? Is there anything you would have died without if you hadn't brought it? I'm just so clueless! A few tips from you experienced mothers would be greatly appreciated!! I cant believe it is so close!!

Have you noticed?

I need a haircut ASAP! This is me saying, "I'll smile if you ignore my hair." Don't get me wrong, I am really excited I have long hair, I love having long hair , but it needs a little TLC. It has been a few months since I have even got a trim and I am still re-couping from a not so good hair cut. The last few times I have really CUT my hair, not just a trim, I was not pleased with the results. Now it would probably help if I was willing to pay more than $10 for a hair cut . . . but I'm Mrs. High Pockets as my father calls me and it is really hard for me to spend money on my hair. So I need your help! What do you think I should do? Before you make any suggestions you should know: It MUST be able to go back into a ponytail!!!!!!! My hair is STICK STRAIGHT My hair will not curl to save my life (via over night curls, hot curls, even curling irons, they just don't work) I want and need something EASY! I do not like to spend time on my hair and I don...

No Use Crying Over Spilled Milk . . .

So being an emotional pregnant woman is definitely taking its tole on both me and Jeff (what a wonderful, patient, and understanding man he is). Saturday morning I was so excited because for the first time in weeks we actually had a morning together. I had planned to make us a delicious breakfast just like my dad always did for me. We had Eggs, Hashbrowns, and even Bacon; we were so excited. So I started cooking the bacon first, knowing it would take the longest. Then when I thought they were close to being done, Jeff started cooking the eggs and I threw on the hashbrowns. Well, needless to say, the eggs finished super fast and the others were not even close. And then to add more to my frustration the pan I was using for the hashbrowns was awful! Despite my many tablespoons of butter the entire thing was completely stuck! I switched pans in the middle to try to save them. In the meantime Jeff ate his eggs so they wouldn't get cold. I insisted on waiting so I could eat th...