Remember last year when I got a serious craft bug and did this post about all the V-day crafts I was going to do. Well, I only ended up doing 2 of them. Well actually, it was more like 1.9.
After finishing pretty much ALL of this cute little "Countdown to Kisses" board last January I let it sit in my extra room until last night. Seriously, all I'll had left to do was Mod Podge it all on. Ridiculous, right. O-well, at least it is done now.
I'm pretty pleased with how it came out. I ended up re-cutting all the letters because I decided to do off-white instead of pure white. You cant tell in the pictures, but the word KISSES is made up of paper that says "I love you" over and over again.
I got this idea from a blog called Infarrantly Creative. She has a great tutorial on how to do it. You can find that by clicking here.
After finishing pretty much ALL of this cute little "Countdown to Kisses" board last January I let it sit in my extra room until last night. Seriously, all I'll had left to do was Mod Podge it all on. Ridiculous, right. O-well, at least it is done now.
I'm pretty pleased with how it came out. I ended up re-cutting all the letters because I decided to do off-white instead of pure white. You cant tell in the pictures, but the word KISSES is made up of paper that says "I love you" over and over again.
I got this idea from a blog called Infarrantly Creative. She has a great tutorial on how to do it. You can find that by clicking here.
I added those little lip kisses (they kind of look like hearts on the picture though) as a last minute touch. I couldn't get the spacing of the letters quite right and they were a good space filler. I am so glad I thought to add them. It is obviously not perfect. P decided not to take a nap today and was being my little "helper" which basically means I was using all my attention to have him "help" without messing it up. A few things are a little slanted and my OCD really wants to fix them, but guess what. It is done and I still love it!
The only tricky part now is convincing the kids that my kisses are a sufficient treat so I can have the chocolate all to myself.
Happy Crafting!


Comments