The most exciting week of the year came and went and we packed it full of everything we could! As most of you know, my birthday is just a few days after Christmas and our Anniversary is the following day. Between Christmas and New Years we are partying non-stop and it is awesome!
Jeff was able to take both my birthday and our Anniversary off from work which me and the kids LOVED! Part of me wanted to just stay home and play as a family all day, but the other part of me wanted to be selfish and have daddy all to myself. I this we did a pretty good job of sharing him. :)
When he asked what I wanted to do for my birthday I told him I wanted to go to the temple with him. He hadn't been in... let's just say a while, and I can think of no place I would rather be on my birthday then in the temple with my eternal companion and best friend. So our friend watched the kids and we took off for an early session.
Well, we just barely missed it. Actually we probably could have made it if we sprinted in and changed super fast but that kind of takes away the spirit so I told him what I really wanted to do was sealings. So we did, for an hour and a half and it was amazing. To hear those words we covenanted to exactly 5 years prior over and over again was truly wonderful. I felt all the feelings of that memorable and most important day and feel in love with my hubby all over again. The sealer even gave us some council and some things to ponder. It was so personal and so very perfect.
We used to do sealings all the time when we lived in Provo but it had been a while. If you haven't been in a while, GO. And if you are not a member and want to learn more about how marriage does not have to be "till death do us part" click here. I feel so blessed to be sealed to my husband, my very best friend in the whole wide world, for time and eternity. Remembering the covenants and promises we made to each other was by far the highlight of my birthday.
After a perfect morning in the temple we swung by Fentons just as they were opening. PERFECT! We split a delicious sandwich and a massive sunday (we are usually pigs and get an entire one for ourselves) and were on our way. Not to self, go to Fentons at 11 am more often, we were in and out in 30 mins!
We came home and picked up the kids just in time for naps. Sweet! While they were out my main birthday gift arrived, a PIANO!! Now, don't jump to conclusions, I'm just babysitting it for 2 years while my friend is in London. But I must say, I think it is the best b-day gift ever!! I had forgotten how much I LOVE playing the piano. My favorite thing about it so far is our family singing/playing sessions where me and the kids all sit on that bench and sing songs together. I thought them playing along with me would drive me nuts, but on the contrary... I LOVE IT!!! It is adorable and anytime they say they want to play I practically sprint to the piano out of pure joy to hear their little voices since that "Families can be together forever" and that "I am a child of God." Seriously... nothing better.
We ended the day by going out to dinner with my folks and my in-laws. We trucked all the way out to the Olive Garden. It was delicious as always but we were kind of neglected so it took SUPER long which would have been fine if I didn't have 2 energetic toddlers there with me. O-well, still yummy and fun. Then we headed back to my in-laws for some cake, ice cream, and presents.
It seriously was a perfect day! I am so blessed to be surrounded by so many people who love me. I am blessed to have the Gospel in my life that is indeed the reason I am so happy. And I am blessed to have two little ones to chase around all day, for they are the ones who have taught me what love really is and I do indeed love them more than life.
26, you were good to me. Here's hoping 27 will be even better!
p.s. 27 still counts as mid-twenties right?


Comments