Two And A Half
Hold him a little longer
Rock him a little more
Tell him another story
(you've only told him four)
Let him sleep on your shoulder
Rejoice in his happy smile
He is only two and a half
For such a little while!
I found this a little while ago on pinterst and it was exactly what I needed to hear. My patients with my little guy has been practically non-existent lately which I feel horrible about. I don't know why, but he really has been driving me nuts. It is such a weird phase for me because I think it is my favorite and least favorite stage all at the same time. He is so smart, silly, helpful, and fun but he has also really started whining a lot and has been quite emotional and needy. After reading this again and again I realize maybe he is acting this way because I am not giving him as much one-on-one as he needs right now. It is hard because Em really does require a lot from me still physically, emotionally, and mentally. I keep telling myself "P is a big boy, he can do it." Really, he still is so young and I need to give him more time.
So this morning we read 12 books, danced around, and did puzzles together all before 8:00 am. So far he is really happy and has been playing on his own really well in between our play times. He really is an awesome little boy. I learn so much from him everyday. I need to be better at focusing on all the many joys he brings each day rather than the few frustrating things he does. And the same goes for Em.
Here's to being a better, more fun, more loving, more awesome mom which will bring more happiness to all of us.
I'll end with another quote I found on pinterest:
Good Moms have
Sticky Floors,
Dirty Ovens,
and Happy Kids
Obviously cleaning needs to be done, but it is never more important then your kids. Now please excuse me, P wants me to Skip to My Lou with him. Have a great day, I know I will!
Comments