So Jeff was able to take a week off a couple of weeks ago. I have a TON to say about it, but for now Just thought I'd put up a few pictures until I have more time to blog.
The highlight of the week was going to The Children's Discovery Museum. We got free passes from the Library, which I'm grateful for because it rather expensive ($11 a piece starting at age 6 months!) The entire place is made for children ages 6 months to I think about 5 years old. It was AMAZING! Seriously, if we lived closer I would get a season pass and take the kids at least once a week because it seriously was that great! Hopefully we can go again soon. The kids L.O.V.E.D it! But I'll do an entire post on it another day.
They had so many different things for the kids to do from playing in a stream with fish and frogs, to climbing on things, and even painting on the walls. There really is even so much more than that, but again I'll do another post on it. For now, trust me ... it is AWESOME!
Did you know if I put a bucket of water on our porch and give my kids a few cups they will entertain themselves for 2 hours. AWESOME! I'm keeping this on in mind!
We also made it to the beach one day. I am bummed because our camera battery died right after I took this picture, but this was the best day at the beach EVER!!! Our kids had a blast and didn't want to leave. P is still scared to death of the water, but I at least taught him how to chase the waves with me and he loved that. Em on the other hand, was ridiculously hyper, doing an almost evil chuckle the whole time we were there as she ran toward and into the water over, and over, and over again. It was awesome. So much fun! I wish we had our video camera this time but we were not planning on going to the beach so we were unprepared. But i'm SOOOOO glad we decided to go because it was so much fun. Now I can hardly wait to go back!
Went on a little ocean look out, the kids liked it but I'm not going to lie, this path on the top of a cliff SCARED US TO DEATH! Needless to say, we didn't stay long lest our kids would want to "explore" which basically meant falling off the cliff into the ocean. I'm happy to report are still a family of 4. :)
Honestly, the best part of the week was just having Daddy around. P and Em just loved it and the following Monday was extra hard because they were asking "Where Daddy" all day long which kinda broke my heart, but I'm really happy they were able to have a solid 9 days with their daddy. It was a great week!
Comments