Well, today I just committed myself for a Sprint Triathlon and also a Ragnar Relay. I am Super excited, but also SUPER scared. You see, the last time I ran more than 1 block was .... most likely over 3 years ago. These races are one month from today.
Just to give you a heads up of what these races entail, Ragnar is a 200 mile race that is split up between 12 people. You run for a day and a night relay-style, one at a time while the rest of your team cheers the runner on in a van. Each runner will run 3 legs of the race. Apparently while your not racing it is a non stop party in the van. I hope that is the case. It does sound like a blast, I am super excited!
See Jane Tri is a sprint Triathlon. Starts with just a 400 meter swim which is super easy if you have ever been on a swim team. Then a 13 mile bike ride. My only problem here is we do not have a bike. And then ends with a 3 mile run. After Ragner, this should be a piece of cake. . . I hope!
Sounds easy enough but seriously... WHAT WAS I THINKING! I just might die. But now I'm committed and I will give it my all, but still, a little daunting since as of now I am not prepared at all. It has been so long since I ran, like really ran. I have confidence in the fact that I know I am capable of it. When I was in Nauvoo I ran the Martyrdom Trail from Nauvoo to Carthage Jail which is 20 miles and I did all of it without walking. Granted ... this was a little over 5 years ago and I was in ridiculously good shape. Since then I have gotten married, had 2 babies, and gotten quite out of shape!
I am really excited about this, and I know it will be fun and it will be really good for me. But still, there are quite a lot of nerves going through me right now.
I guess one good thing about this, is that now I get to buy the double jogging stroller I have been eyeing for the past year. :)
Wish me luck/pray I don't die.
Thanks!
Comments
Hooray for running in Nauvoo! I was just thinking the other day that while I was in Nauvoo I was probably in the best shape of my life. Those days are no longer. :) So proud of you!