Have I told you about Wifey Wednesday?
It is the day that I do all my "Wifey" duties. You know ... laundry, vacuum, mop, clean bathrooms, kitchen, I basically clean my entire house and end it with ironing the hubbies work clothes while I watch some TV online (we don't have cable) after the kids go to sleep. I started this about 5 weeks ago and can I just tell you I LOVE IT!
It is WONDERFUL to have just one day that I dedicate to cleaning my house. I feel so good! I used to stress everyday and try to get something done and I felt like the kids never cooperated and then I felt like a failure homemaker. But now I do everything all on one day and the kids are surprisingly great for it all! They help when they can and keep themselves entertained or just watch when they cant help. At the end of the day I feel SO accomplished and my house looks great when I go to bed. AND the best part, is every other day I don't worry about anything except playing with my kids (and of course tidying up the toys).
The idea all started when Jeff started busy season and no longer had time to iron his shirts (that makes me sound like a horrible wife, but yes, he did iron his own clothes). I chose Wednesday for a few reasons, but mostly because the shows I want to watch air on Tuesdays which means I can watch them on Wednesday online. And I liked "Wifey Wednesday," it had a nice ring. Then that just adapted into me doing everything that day.
Anyway, I just wanted to let you know all about it because this works for me! And I have been trying for about 2 years to find something that works for me. I can honestly say I look forward to "Wifey Wednesday." I have fun doing it, and it makes me feel so good!
What works for you?
Oh, and what shows do you like to watch? I'm always looking for new ones.
So Happy Wifey Wednesday!!
(All I have left is my ironing:)
Comments
It's amazing what a clean house can do for your spirit.