(So i just discovered this post, I started it a LONG time ago and figured I might as well put it up. However I will be posting again soon, one for Em's 9 month and then obviously for P's birthday)


So I realized lately that I have not posted very much about the kiddos these past few months. Remember when P was a baby and I posted every month about what he was doing ... Poor Em! I have hardly done anything for that little girl (at least in regards to photos, journaling, etc). So I'm going to update now!




Hanging out in the awesome carts at Lowes

Their first bath together
The P-man!

Can I just say that it blows my mind that this kid will be two in just over a month!! When did that happen????
P is so funny! Seriously, he makes me laugh ALL DAY! I'm amazed at how much he can talk. He not only repeats whatever he hears, he also talks to himself all day long. For example, right now he is playing with Mr. Potato Head, his current favorite toy. As he is playing he is saying, "One arm, two arms, Ooo-Kay! Eyes, O-Kay! Mustache, MUSTACHE! Big one, little one, another one. Ooo-Kay! Feet, Ooo-Kay! Away, Ooo-kay!" Then he takes them apart, puts them away, and then dumps it out and starts all over again. I'm not exaggerating when I say he plays with the potatoes for at least 3 hours a day!
He is a lot better at entertaining himself, which is nice, but we do still love to play together. This past week he has been weird about me being around. If he has someone else to play with (Aunt Rachel, Daddy, ect.) and I come over to join the fun, he gets all upset and says to me "AWAY!!!" "You want me to go away?" and he says, "YEAH!!!" It makes me sad and makes me laugh all at the same time. He is usually pretty good about sharing with Em, but some times he throws a fit if she just touches a toy he has. If you are doing something he wants to do himself, he shouts in a whiny voice, "PARKER, PARKER!" or "Parker's turn!!" or "Parker do it!" He is mr. independent so for my own sanity and his happiness he get to help with EVERYTHING.
- He still LOVES puzzles and can usually figure them out first try.
- Loves his shapes.
- Can count to 11, but has recently forgot about the number 10.
- Knows all of his friends and mommy's friends by name and asks to play with them.
- Love, Love, LOVES to read. Has all of his favorite books memorized.
- Loves to vacuum, sweep, and do dishes.
- He loves to spend time with his grandparents
- When he wants you to come play with him he gently pokes you with one finger while he says your name and then he says what he wants you to do.
- He does not like to pose for the camera.
- He loves to go to the library and to music time
- And most of all he loves to run around!
The Little Lady

It is hard for me to believe she is already so old. We love her to pieces! Here are some of our favorite things about her right now:
- Her hair is finally calming down, but I'll be honest, I kinda loved her crazy hair.
- She has no desire to eat from a utensil, but loves to feed herself
- She loves to sit or stand and watch her big bro play
- She is still quite the growler, if she growls that means she is happy
- She recently really started to babble "mama" "dada" "baba" "nana" are her most common babbles
- She is a booty-scooter. She can get anywhere she wants, but doesn't crawl there
- We frequently call her Em the Owl because she can turn her head REALLY far in both directions but never moves her torso, it is so funny!
- She is quite the feisty lady and knows what she wants and is not afraid to let you know too.
- She is also very serious which means she is pretty stingy with giving smiles, so if you ever get one ... feel special!!

Aren't they cute?
Comments
And I LOVE that P likes Mr. Potato Head. It makes me laugh hearing him "say" all those things. hehe
Your kids are so cute! And so smart! You're an awesome mom and I love reading your "mom" posts.