For those of you who don't know, I am not a reader. I never have been, but I have hopes of becoming one someday. Anyway, some friends of my recently started a book club and I decided I was going to be a part of it. When I told my husband and parents about this they all said, "You ... a book club?" I am so serious when I say I am NOT a reader! The only books I have ever read have either been church or school related (or more recently children's books, I read DOZENS of those a day!). This was my first book that was just for fun! I never thought reading was fun, it was always a chore to me. But I have had a change of heart because I REALLY want my children to love reading and most studies show that they are more likely to love reading if their parents love reading. Plus it is something I can do for me, a night out once a month to visit with some friends and discover me again.
So TA DA!! Book 1 = complete!
Can I just tell you, I am so proud of myself. And I read it in 2 days. And even more shocking ... I LOVED IT!! Yest you heard right, Rebecca just said she loved and even enjoyed reading a book!

As you can see, this book is called The Wednesday Letters. Seriously, I loved it!
(The above was from the website for the book, they gave the recap WAY better then I was writing it :)
Anyway, I loved it and I am excited to read the next book! I never thought I would say those words! LOL. So if you haven't read it, I would highly recommend it! I think the reason I love it is because it is all about relationships and making them work. As you probably know, I am a HUGE advocate for the family and living in a society where the family is meaning less and less and people give up on marriages so quickly ... I just really value what the book had to say. I love marriage! I believe in marriage. I know marriage is a lot of work, but it is the best!
Anyway, READ IT! And Yay to me for reading it!
Comments