Can you believe that? I sure can't especially since she is such a peanut, she certainly doesn't look 9 months old. I thought it would be fun to pull up P's 9 month post to compare their stats and what he was up to at this age which can be found here. Their personalities are night and day! It amazes me everyday how they really are their own little person, ever baby is so different!
Without further ado, here are the stats comparisons:
Parker vs. Emily
Weight: 21.5 lbs vs. 16.75 lbs
Height: 29 inches vs. 26 1/2 inches
Head: 98% vs. 29%
That is almost a 5 lbs difference folks. The best part in looking back was discovering that P was actually 20 lbs at 6 months! lol! P was a tank, and Em is quite petite. P was a little ahead of her regarding motor development. P was full on crawling at 7 months and started pulling himself to stand at 7 months too. He started doing laps around the coffee table and using his push toys about 8 months and started walking the end of his 9th month. He also had 6 teeth by this time too.
As for Em, I don't even know where to begin. She is such a little fireball! Full of personality and knows exactly what she wants and believe me, she lets you know if she is not getting what she wants. Just this past week she started an army-type crawl. It is so funny, she pulls with both arms at the same time, has her fanny way in the air and is on her tip-toes. She is getting pretty fast at it, IF she finds something she wants. If there isn't anything she wants you most definitely cannot get her moving. She can pull herself up to stand on most things, but again, she has to really want to do it. She love, love, LOVES to stand! She has even started walking along furniture and transferring from one piece of furniture to another. She has amazing balance and can actually stand without holding anything for up to 30 seconds and even then she chooses to sit, she doesn't fall over. I'm quite impressed with that, P didn't start doing that until long after he was walking. She also loves to walk while holding your hands. I have a feeling she will start walking pretty soon, but I guess only time will tell. I will just look so funny because she is so tiny!
Emily loves to eat ... as long as it doesn't come from a spoon. She will pop peas, corn, puffies, cheerios, and anything else that she can pick up and feed herself. If I try and give her anything from a spoon she locks her mouth shut and shakes her head. I'll try and put up a funny video of this soon, but she really will not take a spoon.
I think she is going to be my little thrill seeker. She loves anything that gives her a little rush. Jumping, flying, dropping fast, bouncing, spinning, swinging, sliding.
Right now she is going through pretty intense separation anxiety. I could be in the same room, sitting right next to her and if someone else is holding her she screams bloody murder. Luckily, this is not all the time, but if she gets in a mood there is nothing that will stop it. I am hoping she out grows this phase soon!
She love to talk and babbles all day long. Her favorite things to say are: Ba Ba, Na Na, Ma ma, & Da da. She also still loves to growl which never ceases to crack me up!
Her favorite thing to do is to watch P run circles around her all day long. She sure does love her big bro!
Her hair is getting really long! I celebrated her 9 month b-day by putting her hair in pig tails ... it was ADORABLE! I'll post lots of pictures soon. :)
Well, I think that is about it for now. She is quite the little lady and we love her to pieces! Her big blue eyes melt our heat every time we look at her. It is still hard to me to believe that she will be 1 in only 3 months! Time flies! We love you Em!
Comments