Skip to main content

Remember that time . . .

When I was THIN??


because most of you who read my blog have only known me the past couple of years in which I have either been "large with child" or large from child. And honestly I hope you all don't get the wrong impression with this post, its main purpose is to give me the motivation I need to get active, eat well, and have some more self discipline.I know, kind of a weird post, but what do you expect from a post pardom lady? It doesn't help that I was recently organizing old pictures and honestly, I had NO IDEA I used to be so small. I knew I was in good shape, but really I was tiny! I don't know why I had such a misconception of myself, I would have never considered my self skinny at the time, but I can say it with certainty now . . . I WAS SKINNY!

It all started going down hill when Jeff and I went on a cruise 2 summers ago. We ate like there was no tomorrow! Next I got pregnant with the P-man and just shy of 50lbs later her was born. I lost 25 really fast (like within 2 weeks) and despite my best efforts of exercising I did not lose another pound after that. (I don't know why I didn't believe people when they said it was hard to loose the extra baby weight, but it is!!) Then still 25 lbs up from Parker's pre-pregnancy weight we found out about Emily (I'm not gonna lie, that is one of the many reasons I had a hard time with it at first.) I did really well at not gaining as much weight this time around and gained exactly 25. And now one month post pregnancy I'm only 2 lbs away from her pre-pregnancy weight, so now it is time to tackle Parker's extra baby weight.

Now to the real question . . . HOW! I've just been doing some moderate exercising until I get the go-ahead from the doctor at my follow-up appointment this week. Once he gives me the OK Jeff and I are doing P90X! It should be intense!
We will be doing the "lean" program since neither Jeff or I are dying to be "Ripped" as they say. We should be able to get in a good 60 days before we head back to CA. I'm excited!!

My ultimate goal is to loose 30 lbs which is still 10 lbs heavier then I was when we got married, but I know that I have to be at least semi realistic. I have had too kids and lets be honest, I'll never look like I used to again, and that's OK. But I am kinda done being a thick lady and not fitting into any of my clothes. So my first goal is to lose 20 lbs and if I can do that, I would be totally happy and satisfied! That extra 10 is just a bonus. :)

Please wish me luck and feel free to ask how it is going. I need to be accountable to someone other than myself. :)

And can you please do me a HUGE favor and tell my husband that it is not necessary to have dessert every single night? THANKS! I think that in and of itself would help me loose 20 lbs!

Here I go!

Comments

Brad and Hailey said…
See for me dessert is necessary every night :) My hubby never had dessert until he met me, yeah it's a necessary meal at my house :)
This is funny to me because I too gained 50 lbs while pregnant, and I had no idea how thin I was until I look back at pictures now. Or when I look at myself in the mirror and think, "I look pretty good." Then I go to try on my old clothes, and they are a LONG way from fitting... I apparently had a bad misconception of what I looked like before also. Perhaps, I, too, will be able to get motivated from your post. It's just finding the time... :) Good luck! I'll be interested to see how it goes! Let us know how you like P90X.
Janthony said…
I totally wanted to do P90X, but it was too expensive. It seems awesome though! Good luck with it! Let's both get skinny again, eh? We're calorie counting right now and I'm running every day, so hopefully I'll be pre-baby weight soon, too!
Jessica said…
thats so funny because i just did the one of the p90x workouts! it was my very first one. i wont have it for a whole 90 days though because its borrowed from a friend. it was a good workout, good luck! let me know what u think of it! :)
Kim said…
Good luck Bec! I had totally forgotten about that white dress. I still have that skirt of yours! It was a good trade. The dress looks way better on you!
Katrina said…
Good luck!! Sounds like you are motivated and ready! Keep it up! It will all be worth it! :)

Let me know what you think of p90x
Liz Hopkins said…
Good Luck! Doing P90X with Jeff will help both of you stay motivated!
heather said…
Good luck girl!! Hope it all goes well! I think you're still "seriously, ridiculously good-looking" though - no matter what you weigh. :)
Rachel said…
You can do it! I don't think this post is weird...I totally understand everything you said. I remember thinking the same thing about myself--that nobody in that BYU ward ever knew me as "skinny Rachel" because I was always pregnant or post-fat pregnant.

I think you did awesome in your last pregnancy though. Only 25 pound weight gain is awesome!!!!

Popular posts from this blog

The Light of the World

I was asked to give a talk yesterday in church.  Kinda daunting knowing it was Christmas Sunday, but I think it went pretty well.  I like remembering my talk so I'm throwing it up here mainly for my own record.  But maybe it will bless the lives of others too.  I hope you all have a very Merry Christmas and that the Light of Christ will be upon you and radiate from you now and forever. Jesus Christ: The Light of the World Rebecca’s talk given on 12/20/2015 Jesus Christ.  Can a topic be any broader? I have spent a lot of time over the last 6 weeks trying to decide what direction I wanted to go and I kept going back to the same thought, Jesus is the light of the world.  This is not an insignificant statement, but very profound and very important.  Let’s start from the beginning. Many Prophets have testified of the fact that Jesus Christ is the light of the world long before the Savior was even born.  The very first sign of his bir...

Because God Love's Us

  How is Christ’s Birth Significant to me Talk on 12/20/2020 Good Morning Brothers and Sisters & Merry Christmas!   Heavenly Father must know my preferred method for giving a talk is procrastinating because I have been called to fill in last minute on many occasions.   However, this is the first time it’s happened on Christmas Sunday.   But I am happy to be here with you and I’m so grateful for technology that allows us to meet and worship together, especially during this Christmas season.   I’m not gonna lie, this is weird speaking on zoom.   I much prefer being together and making eye contact with you and seeing your encouraging smiles.   So please bear with any awkwardness I may have.   When initially asked to speak, Brother Smith gave me the topic of “How Christ’s birth is significant to me.”   My initial response was, could that topic be any broader?   But then gratefully he followed it up with “Particularly from the prosp...

Kid's Talks

  Riley’s Primary Talk on Baptism 3/15/20 Today I want to talk on Baptism.   Being baptized is a commandment from Heavenly Father.   We have to be baptized to make it back to Him.   Even Jesus Christ was baptized.   If Jesus Christ was baptized we should be baptized too.   When we turn 8 years old we can choose to follow Jesus Christ’s example and be baptized too.   When we are baptized and confirmed we become members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.     If you have already been baptized, you should remember the covenants, or promises you made.   If you have not been baptized, you should study and pray and keep the commandments so that when you turn 8 years old you will be ready. We should all remember how important baptism is.   I am really excited I get to be baptized next year.   In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen Faith Parker’s Talk   2/16/20   Today, my talk is going to be about f...