Father's are the BEST!!
Wouldn't you agree? I'm certainly a big fan! I have been so blessed to be surrounded by great fathers my whole life. My own father really is the best! I remember how much I looked up to him as a little kid. All my favorite songs had to do with him; "My daddy is my favorite pal" "I'm so glad when daddy comes home" "My dad's the greatest dad" to name a few. I sang them all the time. He was so great at making time for us and somehow always had energy to play with us after a long days work. He found ways to spoil us and always slipped us a little cash when mom wasn't looking. I'm so blessed and so grateful that Heavenly Father sent me to be a part of his family.
My next closes example of a great dad is my Hubby! It has been so fun this past year and a half to watch him become a father and so naturally take the role. He is such a good daddy! One of my favorite things in the whole world is watching him play with the P-man. Listening to them laugh and giggle is so much fun and brings a huge smile to my face. It has been interesting these past 3 weeks as we went from being a family of 3 to a family of 4 and how it has changed us. Again it has been a rather smooth transition for us, but I feel that I owe a lot of that to Jeff. He is so willing to help and has pretty much taken care of Parker on his own as I re-learn how to take care of an infant. He does so much without me even asking. I'm still curious how he and Emily will interact once she gets a little older, Boys is all Jeff knows with the exception of me and his mom. I know in a few short months she will have him wrapped around his finger. He is such an amazing man and a great father! We are so lucky to have him in our home!
My Father-in-Law is such a great dad too! He has three wonderful boys of his own and it has been so fun to watch him transition into being a grandfather. Before P I had only ever known and envisioned him as my father-in-law and my church leader and for some reason I could not picture him as a grandpa. Let me tell you, he plays the role perfectly!
The past year has been especially fun for me as I watch these three men that I love so dearly interact with my children. What a crucial role fathers play in our lives and I feel so blessed to be surrounded by such great men and fathers.


Comments