Skip to main content

Where has the time gone?

15 Months
That is how old my little man is today. It is hard to believe, especially now that he actually seems big to me compared to Emily. His size never really hit me since I was with him, and holding him 24-7. Now that I'm mostly caring for Emily, when I even touch him I'm shocked at just how thick and strong he is! He really is no longer a baby, he is officially my little boy!


He has transitioned REALLY well into being a Big Brother. Honestly I am shocked at how well he is doing. He just adores Emily! He loves to be near her and any time he sees or even hears her he shouts "Ba-by" and runs over to her. He has learned how to "Be Nice" as we call it and loves to pet her head. He really just loves to be near her, it is the cutest thing!


Aside from being a Big Brother, he is still quite a busy boy! He is always doing something and it is usually something very silly. He loves to run around and purposely bonk his head on things. He LOVES playing with his toy trucks/cars and we recently got him a puzzle that he really loves as well. He LOVES to talk and is learning new words everyday. I'm amazed at how much he understands. He really is such a smart cookie! Lastly he LOVES walking up and down stairs. It just thrills him to pieces. And I guess it is good for me too, gives me a workout! :)


Here is a picture of my tank and my little lady. Doesn't he just look HUGE next to her! This is how he is "nice" as he calls it and he never gets sick of it.


He is still the happiest little boy around despite his 2 molars cutting through on the left side. He now has 12 teeth! He really likes to eat, although he has been a little more fussy lately in what he does eat. His new favorite food is the the strawberries off our plant (we are growing strawberries and tomatoes this year). He cant get enough of them! He has eaten 9 in one sitting, granted they are small strawberries, but he just loves them! He still loves "nanas" and Bread is his other favorite thing.


Here is a picture of one proud Grandpa! My parents we able to come out for the birth of Emily and stayed for a whole week! We are SOOOOO grateful for their help. I think it is mostly because of them that Parker transitioned so well into brotherhood. They were able to give P the love and attention he needed while we re-learned how to take care of a newborn. They were such a big help and we were all so sad to see them leave; especially Parker. The next morning her woke up and ran to the front door shouting "Ga-Ga!" It broke my little heart to explain to him that Ga-Ga was not coming over today. It was sad and made me even more anxious to get back to CA where we can see both Ga-Ga's as often as we want!

So things for the P-man are still going great! He has an appointment soon and I'm anxious to see what he weighs, our scale say 25 lbs. I'm kinda surprised he hasn't gotten skinny with all of the running around he is doing. So we'll see what they say. He really is the joy of our lives and continues to make us laugh each day. He is so much fun and we are so blessed to have him in our home. Seeing what he has become in just these past few months makes me even more excited to get to know Emily and what she will be like. I know she will only add to the love and joy that is already present in our home.

Lastly I just want to report that Emily is back to her birth weight!! I am thrilled! Parker lost almost an entire pound and after one month was still not back to his birth weight so I am so relieved that Emily is after just one week! Hip Hip Hurray for my little piggy!!

Comments

Rachel said…
I'm so glad things are going so well!
Isn't it crazy how big your child seems when you have a new baby?
He is still super adorable, as always! Love the P-man! (and Emily too, of course!)

Popular posts from this blog

The Light of the World

I was asked to give a talk yesterday in church.  Kinda daunting knowing it was Christmas Sunday, but I think it went pretty well.  I like remembering my talk so I'm throwing it up here mainly for my own record.  But maybe it will bless the lives of others too.  I hope you all have a very Merry Christmas and that the Light of Christ will be upon you and radiate from you now and forever. Jesus Christ: The Light of the World Rebecca’s talk given on 12/20/2015 Jesus Christ.  Can a topic be any broader? I have spent a lot of time over the last 6 weeks trying to decide what direction I wanted to go and I kept going back to the same thought, Jesus is the light of the world.  This is not an insignificant statement, but very profound and very important.  Let’s start from the beginning. Many Prophets have testified of the fact that Jesus Christ is the light of the world long before the Savior was even born.  The very first sign of his bir...

Because God Love's Us

  How is Christ’s Birth Significant to me Talk on 12/20/2020 Good Morning Brothers and Sisters & Merry Christmas!   Heavenly Father must know my preferred method for giving a talk is procrastinating because I have been called to fill in last minute on many occasions.   However, this is the first time it’s happened on Christmas Sunday.   But I am happy to be here with you and I’m so grateful for technology that allows us to meet and worship together, especially during this Christmas season.   I’m not gonna lie, this is weird speaking on zoom.   I much prefer being together and making eye contact with you and seeing your encouraging smiles.   So please bear with any awkwardness I may have.   When initially asked to speak, Brother Smith gave me the topic of “How Christ’s birth is significant to me.”   My initial response was, could that topic be any broader?   But then gratefully he followed it up with “Particularly from the prosp...

Kid's Talks

  Riley’s Primary Talk on Baptism 3/15/20 Today I want to talk on Baptism.   Being baptized is a commandment from Heavenly Father.   We have to be baptized to make it back to Him.   Even Jesus Christ was baptized.   If Jesus Christ was baptized we should be baptized too.   When we turn 8 years old we can choose to follow Jesus Christ’s example and be baptized too.   When we are baptized and confirmed we become members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.     If you have already been baptized, you should remember the covenants, or promises you made.   If you have not been baptized, you should study and pray and keep the commandments so that when you turn 8 years old you will be ready. We should all remember how important baptism is.   I am really excited I get to be baptized next year.   In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen Faith Parker’s Talk   2/16/20   Today, my talk is going to be about f...