Skip to main content

Parker's 1 Month!

Who is One Month Old?
I AM, I AM!!

(Parker and Ponds, his first gift sent from Aunt Jane when I was only a few weeks pregnant.)

WOW! Time flies when your having fun. I truly cannot believe Parker is 1 Month today! It is so exciting. This past month has been so wonderful, and I hear it just gets better! I am already amazed at how much has has changed since day one. It has been especially wonderful to watch him grow because I studied family sciences and child development. I have known so many of these things for years now, but to see them actually happen right in front of my eyes is the coolest thing!

A lot has happened the last month, so here is the update. For the most part Parker is doing great! He is a healthy and happy little boy suffering from only a few minor problems.
  • He has been struggling on and off with a clogged tear duct. Every time I think it is gone, a couple days later it comes back. It breaks my heart to see him with his eye sealed shut with goup but it has been much better as of late.
  • He has a horrendous case of Baby Acne, which I can only fault myself for. My parents said I had it pretty bad too. Sadly there really is nothing you can do about it, just wait it out and it has been getting better everyday, thank goodness!
  • He has a little bit of Cradle Cap, but it isn't too bad.
  • Lastly, He is not gaining weight like he should be. I have gone in every week since he was born for various reasons, but mostly to weigh him and last week he only gained 1/2 an ounce! (And really I don't even think that much because he hadn't Pooped in 24 hrs) After I weighed him I waited around the health center so I could meet with his doctor and talk about what to do. I was holding my composure so well . . . until he got there. The second he asked what was up I started crying. Now obviously, it is not a HUGE deal, because he was born such a big baby. He is still in the 30% at 8 lbs, 8 oz, but I'm just so sad he is not making progress. I really don't get it, it seems like he eats like a champ, but that is the thing about nursing . . . you never really know how much they are getting. But going off him, he is hardly ever fussy and seems quit content when don't eating. Needless to say, there is still something wrong since he hasn't gained, so now the doctors are having me supplement more formula, which is going fine, but I'm so paranoid that my milk is going to dry out. But I need to do what is best for him, hopefully the formula will help him get nice and plump again.
And amidst all of these afflictions my child is still perfect! He is so much fun and hardly every cries. I have a feeling he is going to be just like his daddy. From the way Ann describes Jeff as a baby, so far they act the same and even look the same. I guess only time will tell, but either way he is definitely a keeper!

After talking to all of my friends who have babies, they are amazed at how quickly they forget what each stage was like. I am going to do my best to keep good notes of what we love and what was hard about each thing so I can look back and be able to remember a little more clearly. So here are some of our favorite things about Parker during his first month of life!

Lamb Cry
Sometimes he sounds like a little lamb when he cries, so funny.

Gas Smiles
Unfortunately I didn't get a picture of this, but it is awesome!


Sucking his thumb with fingers over his face
Sometimes they go all they way up to hi eyes


Facial Expressions
He has many, unfortunately I'm not good at capturing them on camera,
but I love just watching his face.

Frantically looking for the nipple when he looses it
Watching him sleep, I never get sick of it


Sleeping 6 hrs at night . . . I hope it last

Eye contact
I love when he stares at me

Soft Little Feet
Jeff took this one because he was amazed at how little his feet are. I love to how soft they are, I could rub them all day and do! :)


Skin to Skin with Mommy

No picture for obvious reason, but really one of my most favorite things to do!

And what did we do on our One Month Birthday?
Took a morning nap


Took a shower with mommy, I like these much more than baths


Hung out in my bouncer while mom cut dad's hair.

Hung out with mom all day while dad celebrated my birthday by attending another concert. Janneke came to visit too.


I love mommy!


I love Daddy!

1 Month Family Picture


Comments

Janneke said…
Yay!! The picture turned out good! Listen, If you'd like to try taking a picture outside one of these spring days that are SURE to come, I'd be happy to take them! :) Just let me know.
tdyhtrfyhrt;hjr said…
Wow, our babies ARE alike! Noah has a problem with a clogged tear duct as well. The doctor gave me some medicine for it but I read that it has HORRIBLE side effects including allergic reaction which could cause death! So I decided to stick to massage his duct with my pinkie (that's also what my doctor suggested) So I don't know if you have tried that yet or not but it seems to help. And Noah had a little trouble with cradle cap too and I read that leaving the shampoo on for a few minutes can help and I tried that and it seems to be working as well. It's practically gone now. I hope Parker starts gaining weight soon, I feel your worry! I always wonder if Noah is eating enough too. Well call me sometime so we can get together :)
Brad and Hailey said…
Aww! Happy one month little guy!

I'm sorry he's having so many struggles! I'm sure he'll start gaining in no time! :)

You have one great family you guys! Congrats!!!
Ambrey had a clogged tear duct too. It was all green and infected, so the health center gave us some drops and it cleared it right up. We also read that putting a drop of momma's milk in the infected eye can help because of it's antibacterial properties. When I asked the doctor about that, he said he'd never heard of it, but he said it couldn't hurt to try and that it did make sense and would probably work as a last resort. Good luck! He's such a cutie!
Aunt Jane said…
Hello, Score Family!! I cannot believe Parker is 1 month old already...wasn't he just born? :) Love the picture of Ponds (great name!) and Parker, I'm glad you liked the frog. He's almost as big as Parker!

Grandma showed me your blog, I'm going to have to subscribe myself so I can stay updated on all the news. By the way, if your baby is sleeping and eating happily, I'm sure he's just fine!

You look great, Rebecca! Wish I'd been able to lose my baby weight that quickly. I'm still trying to shed those baby pounds....

Love to all of you! Aunt Jane
April J. said…
It is not easy going through all the newness of being a new mom! That is why having twins first would be rough!! I can relate to all your problems. I have heard the breast milk thing too, although I have never tried it. I would use a warm wash rag and massage the duct as well as avoid touching it with my finger even though wiping it away would be easier that way. The baby acne I would also use a warm wash cloth. Johnson and Johnson shampoos and body wash are terrible to use on new babies, try something gentle like dove and see if that helps. Again I like using plain water until they get passed the acne/cradle cap stage, then I go back to good ol' J&J. With the weight gain, nurse him until he seems full then give him the supplement, that way your milk supply doesn't diminish. Another thing that works is pumping after you are done and giving that to him in a bottle, you will get to see how much he is getting. Sorry I can't help but be be long winded huh? If you have any questions that I might be able to answer you know were to reach me! I am sure you are doing a fabulous job and in a couple weeks these worries will seem like a blink of an eye! But in the end trust your instincts!
April J. said…
By the way, what and adorable family. Then again were there ever any doubts!

Popular posts from this blog

The Light of the World

I was asked to give a talk yesterday in church.  Kinda daunting knowing it was Christmas Sunday, but I think it went pretty well.  I like remembering my talk so I'm throwing it up here mainly for my own record.  But maybe it will bless the lives of others too.  I hope you all have a very Merry Christmas and that the Light of Christ will be upon you and radiate from you now and forever. Jesus Christ: The Light of the World Rebecca’s talk given on 12/20/2015 Jesus Christ.  Can a topic be any broader? I have spent a lot of time over the last 6 weeks trying to decide what direction I wanted to go and I kept going back to the same thought, Jesus is the light of the world.  This is not an insignificant statement, but very profound and very important.  Let’s start from the beginning. Many Prophets have testified of the fact that Jesus Christ is the light of the world long before the Savior was even born.  The very first sign of his bir...

Because God Love's Us

  How is Christ’s Birth Significant to me Talk on 12/20/2020 Good Morning Brothers and Sisters & Merry Christmas!   Heavenly Father must know my preferred method for giving a talk is procrastinating because I have been called to fill in last minute on many occasions.   However, this is the first time it’s happened on Christmas Sunday.   But I am happy to be here with you and I’m so grateful for technology that allows us to meet and worship together, especially during this Christmas season.   I’m not gonna lie, this is weird speaking on zoom.   I much prefer being together and making eye contact with you and seeing your encouraging smiles.   So please bear with any awkwardness I may have.   When initially asked to speak, Brother Smith gave me the topic of “How Christ’s birth is significant to me.”   My initial response was, could that topic be any broader?   But then gratefully he followed it up with “Particularly from the prosp...

Kid's Talks

  Riley’s Primary Talk on Baptism 3/15/20 Today I want to talk on Baptism.   Being baptized is a commandment from Heavenly Father.   We have to be baptized to make it back to Him.   Even Jesus Christ was baptized.   If Jesus Christ was baptized we should be baptized too.   When we turn 8 years old we can choose to follow Jesus Christ’s example and be baptized too.   When we are baptized and confirmed we become members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.     If you have already been baptized, you should remember the covenants, or promises you made.   If you have not been baptized, you should study and pray and keep the commandments so that when you turn 8 years old you will be ready. We should all remember how important baptism is.   I am really excited I get to be baptized next year.   In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen Faith Parker’s Talk   2/16/20   Today, my talk is going to be about f...