Skip to main content

Flying Poo

Yes, you read that correctly. We had our first encounter with flying poop. I truly and shocked and amazed at the whole thing. Here is how it happened:

So Saturday was a CRAZY busy day. I had a Bridal shower from 1-3pm, a baby shower from 2-3:30 pm, a ward party at 4:30, and then night security for our apartment complex. So I was planning for craziness. All morning I had been waiting and waiting for Parker to Poop because he hadn't the day before. I was anticipating something big, but little did I know. So I wait and wait and nothing so finally comes the time I need to go so we strap him in his car-seat and of course, right as I pick him up to go he poops a mighty mighty poo, or so it sounded. So I set him down, take him back out and get ready to change him.

I waited a couple of minutes to make sure he was done, because I have learned it takes time for them to get it all out. I open up the diaper to find one little spot of poop. I was shocked, it was sounded like it was much more. So either way I started to change him. Right in the middle of all this he starts to spit up a lot, so I reach up to take care of that it happens . . . poo flew before my eyes reaching a distance of almost 4 feet!! (And NO, I am not exaggerating!) It stream-lined like water coming out of a squirt gun, landing on anything in it's path including: the duvet on our bed, my leg, a blanket on the floor, all the way to the dresser. I couldn't help but laugh. I immediately called Jeff in to see the crazy sight.

I was now obviously late to the first shower, needing to take care of this little incident. I am still amazed at the whole thing. I truly did not even know it was possible! I'm just grateful I was standing off to the side, otherwise I would have been COVERED. So foul! Anyway, I love my little dude! And I still cant complain because he slept all day! Through both showers and the ward party. But this is something I shall never forget. Party of me is sad we didn't take a picture, but at the same time, that is kinda gross. Anyway, I love my little dude! Even if he does shoot rocket poo at me.

Comments

Brad and Hailey said…
Hahaha eww! Thanks for braving the poo :) It was so good to see you and Parker! :)
Shelli Snyder said…
How funny!! Chiara gets some distance too ... but usually I'm in the way so it doesn't get too far. :) I'm glad you guys are doing well. Fun, huh??
heather said…
Boy am I glad those days are over! It took L quite some time to grow out of that phase ... I'm glad someone else is enjoying the thrills of projectile poop.
Rachel said…
I agree with Heather. That part of newborns wasn't my favorite. I'm impressed with your ability to laugh at it DURING the time. I definitely did not laugh at it in the moment, but I guess it was 3 in the morning....I don't really have a good sense of humor that early.

But Parker really is a cute, little boy! Even if he can rocket launch his poo! Haha.
lol! We've had a few of those incidents too. haha
Janneke said…
Hurray! Bring on the nasty boy messes. Just be glad he doesn't want to play in it yet.
Riki said…
The same thing happened to us the first night we had Jackson home... Who knew they possessed such pooping power. I am glad you thought it was funny though, and that story will never get old.
April J. said…
Ha-ha-ha! You have now been officially annointed MOM! Welcome to the club!

Popular posts from this blog

The Light of the World

I was asked to give a talk yesterday in church.  Kinda daunting knowing it was Christmas Sunday, but I think it went pretty well.  I like remembering my talk so I'm throwing it up here mainly for my own record.  But maybe it will bless the lives of others too.  I hope you all have a very Merry Christmas and that the Light of Christ will be upon you and radiate from you now and forever. Jesus Christ: The Light of the World Rebecca’s talk given on 12/20/2015 Jesus Christ.  Can a topic be any broader? I have spent a lot of time over the last 6 weeks trying to decide what direction I wanted to go and I kept going back to the same thought, Jesus is the light of the world.  This is not an insignificant statement, but very profound and very important.  Let’s start from the beginning. Many Prophets have testified of the fact that Jesus Christ is the light of the world long before the Savior was even born.  The very first sign of his bir...

Because God Love's Us

  How is Christ’s Birth Significant to me Talk on 12/20/2020 Good Morning Brothers and Sisters & Merry Christmas!   Heavenly Father must know my preferred method for giving a talk is procrastinating because I have been called to fill in last minute on many occasions.   However, this is the first time it’s happened on Christmas Sunday.   But I am happy to be here with you and I’m so grateful for technology that allows us to meet and worship together, especially during this Christmas season.   I’m not gonna lie, this is weird speaking on zoom.   I much prefer being together and making eye contact with you and seeing your encouraging smiles.   So please bear with any awkwardness I may have.   When initially asked to speak, Brother Smith gave me the topic of “How Christ’s birth is significant to me.”   My initial response was, could that topic be any broader?   But then gratefully he followed it up with “Particularly from the prosp...

Kid's Talks

  Riley’s Primary Talk on Baptism 3/15/20 Today I want to talk on Baptism.   Being baptized is a commandment from Heavenly Father.   We have to be baptized to make it back to Him.   Even Jesus Christ was baptized.   If Jesus Christ was baptized we should be baptized too.   When we turn 8 years old we can choose to follow Jesus Christ’s example and be baptized too.   When we are baptized and confirmed we become members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.     If you have already been baptized, you should remember the covenants, or promises you made.   If you have not been baptized, you should study and pray and keep the commandments so that when you turn 8 years old you will be ready. We should all remember how important baptism is.   I am really excited I get to be baptized next year.   In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen Faith Parker’s Talk   2/16/20   Today, my talk is going to be about f...