Skip to main content

Cleaning Checks & Concerts

Some of you know that Jeff and I are Residential Assistants (RAs) for our apartment complex. Part of our responsibility as RAs is to do the monthly cleaning checks. This is definitely not our favorite part of the job, but worth the time and effort. Being that Parker recently joined our family, it added a new challenge to doing the checks. We got this awesome carrier from my aunt so we decided to put it to use so I could have my hands free. It works great and is super comfy. Unfortunately, Utah decided to have another cold spell so we bundled Parker up in this cute bear outfit Great-Grandma gave him. After we got him bundled up and and in the carrier, Jeff looked at me and just laughed . . . this is why:

It looks like I'm caring a stuffed animal! But what a cute stuffed animal he is! He was such a trooper and pretty much slept the whole time. What a guy!

Less Than Jake Concert

On a completely separate note, this week was a rough one for Jeff in regards to school. Just the fact that it is the end of the semester says a lot. You just get burned out by this time! But Jeff continues to work hard. This week he had a couple of tests as well as some group projects and a paper on top of all of his normal homework. He was especially exhausted. One of our favorite bands came to town this weekend and as a treat to himself he decided to go with some friends. I would have gone too, but with the new little guy I didn't want to leave him for that long and I certainly wasn't about to bring him along. So Parker and I held down the fort while dad went out to play. But I'm so glad he was able to do something fun after such a hard week, it was well deserved! Especially with all the help he gives me with Parker on top of everything else he has to do. Really, he is the best husband and father a girl could ever ask for!

Anyway, too get in the true concert mood, Jeff got his hair cut back into the Faux Hawk. Just for fun we did Parker's up too.
Like father, Like son!



What a couple of hunks! I love them more then anything!

Comments

Katrina said…
Yes yes yes! Welcome to parenthood vs. RA job! :) We had to do the same thing for a while. She often fell asleep while we were doing the cleaning checks and was just heavy dead weight. But for the most part, she liked the carrier thing and liked to be able to see what was going on! :) I love the bear outfit! :)
(now, however, she is a little big and heavy and we don't use the carrier anymore. Now she just wants to get on the floor in all the apartments and crawl around! SO much better... lol)

Love your little guy! SO cute! So fun!
Brad and Hailey said…
How cute! I love the faux hawks! And your little boy did look like a little stuffed animal! :) What a cutie! Well we would love to see you guys sometime! Our place or your's ... let me know what works!
April J. said…
Your men look adorable together!

Popular posts from this blog

What to pack . . .

So now that he really could come ANY DAY I figured it was probably time for me to pack my bag. I of course have one of those "What to bring" checklist, but I was wondering what your thoughts where. Is there anything you wish you had brought but didn't? Is there anything you would have died without if you hadn't brought it? I'm just so clueless! A few tips from you experienced mothers would be greatly appreciated!! I cant believe it is so close!!

Have you noticed?

I need a haircut ASAP! This is me saying, "I'll smile if you ignore my hair." Don't get me wrong, I am really excited I have long hair, I love having long hair , but it needs a little TLC. It has been a few months since I have even got a trim and I am still re-couping from a not so good hair cut. The last few times I have really CUT my hair, not just a trim, I was not pleased with the results. Now it would probably help if I was willing to pay more than $10 for a hair cut . . . but I'm Mrs. High Pockets as my father calls me and it is really hard for me to spend money on my hair. So I need your help! What do you think I should do? Before you make any suggestions you should know: It MUST be able to go back into a ponytail!!!!!!! My hair is STICK STRAIGHT My hair will not curl to save my life (via over night curls, hot curls, even curling irons, they just don't work) I want and need something EASY! I do not like to spend time on my hair and I don...

No Use Crying Over Spilled Milk . . .

So being an emotional pregnant woman is definitely taking its tole on both me and Jeff (what a wonderful, patient, and understanding man he is). Saturday morning I was so excited because for the first time in weeks we actually had a morning together. I had planned to make us a delicious breakfast just like my dad always did for me. We had Eggs, Hashbrowns, and even Bacon; we were so excited. So I started cooking the bacon first, knowing it would take the longest. Then when I thought they were close to being done, Jeff started cooking the eggs and I threw on the hashbrowns. Well, needless to say, the eggs finished super fast and the others were not even close. And then to add more to my frustration the pan I was using for the hashbrowns was awful! Despite my many tablespoons of butter the entire thing was completely stuck! I switched pans in the middle to try to save them. In the meantime Jeff ate his eggs so they wouldn't get cold. I insisted on waiting so I could eat th...