Skip to main content

3 Weeks Already!

I honestly cant believe that it has been 3 full weeks! Time flies! Things have been going really well. It helps that he is a perfect baby and hardly ever cries. However when he does cry, this is how I feel:



Everyone said it would all come so naturally, and for the most part it really has. I have yet to learn to distinguish between his cries. I'm hoping this "Mother's Intuition" will kick in soon because it makes me so sad when he does cry.

As for an update, Parker is doing great! We had a follow up appointment today because at his two week check up he was still a pound under his birth weight. But today he had gained 7 oz in one week! I'm so relieved!

We haven't taken as many pictures as i'm sure the family would like, but here is Parker after a bath. I love these hooded towels, so cute!

Comments

Loving Our Life said…
Isn't it amazing how fast time flies with a new baby. He is adorable:)BY the way you look great!
Rachel said…
Yay! I'm glad he's gaining weight! Now you can maybe let him sleep and not have to wake him up at night, right???
HeyJoe said…
Please post pics of breastfeeding. Kidding. Come one, lighten up.
Greg and Alyssa said…
I never could tell the difference between Thad's newborn cries. There was like, bad, worse and worsest. Then again Thad cried pretty much continuously for 4 months so maybe there was no difference. Anywayyyy, my point is, you'll just learn as you get to know his schedule and his needs better why he is crying. Although sometimes it is for no reason at all. This is my advice: bounce from the knees. They can tell the difference.
Rachel Wilson said…
you're so skinny! (oh ps- cute baby)
~Aimee~ said…
I never learned to tell apart Jilly's cries. I can tell now when something is a whiney cry or a genuine upset or a hurt cry. But that's about it. And she's 2! So don't stress over that.
Katrina said…
I love the little hoodie towels too! Kamryn's too big for hers now... sad! (I'll just have to go find bigger ones! I've seen them before!) :)

And I LOVE the little irish shirt! That is TOO cute! (I haven't been blogging much lately...sorry I'm a little behind on the comments!)

Can't believe he's already 3 weeks! That's just crazy! But he sounds like such an angel and you are doing a great job! Can't wait to see more of him! (too bad you're leaving for the summer :( we'll miss you!)

Popular posts from this blog

The Light of the World

I was asked to give a talk yesterday in church.  Kinda daunting knowing it was Christmas Sunday, but I think it went pretty well.  I like remembering my talk so I'm throwing it up here mainly for my own record.  But maybe it will bless the lives of others too.  I hope you all have a very Merry Christmas and that the Light of Christ will be upon you and radiate from you now and forever. Jesus Christ: The Light of the World Rebecca’s talk given on 12/20/2015 Jesus Christ.  Can a topic be any broader? I have spent a lot of time over the last 6 weeks trying to decide what direction I wanted to go and I kept going back to the same thought, Jesus is the light of the world.  This is not an insignificant statement, but very profound and very important.  Let’s start from the beginning. Many Prophets have testified of the fact that Jesus Christ is the light of the world long before the Savior was even born.  The very first sign of his bir...

Because God Love's Us

  How is Christ’s Birth Significant to me Talk on 12/20/2020 Good Morning Brothers and Sisters & Merry Christmas!   Heavenly Father must know my preferred method for giving a talk is procrastinating because I have been called to fill in last minute on many occasions.   However, this is the first time it’s happened on Christmas Sunday.   But I am happy to be here with you and I’m so grateful for technology that allows us to meet and worship together, especially during this Christmas season.   I’m not gonna lie, this is weird speaking on zoom.   I much prefer being together and making eye contact with you and seeing your encouraging smiles.   So please bear with any awkwardness I may have.   When initially asked to speak, Brother Smith gave me the topic of “How Christ’s birth is significant to me.”   My initial response was, could that topic be any broader?   But then gratefully he followed it up with “Particularly from the prosp...

Kid's Talks

  Riley’s Primary Talk on Baptism 3/15/20 Today I want to talk on Baptism.   Being baptized is a commandment from Heavenly Father.   We have to be baptized to make it back to Him.   Even Jesus Christ was baptized.   If Jesus Christ was baptized we should be baptized too.   When we turn 8 years old we can choose to follow Jesus Christ’s example and be baptized too.   When we are baptized and confirmed we become members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.     If you have already been baptized, you should remember the covenants, or promises you made.   If you have not been baptized, you should study and pray and keep the commandments so that when you turn 8 years old you will be ready. We should all remember how important baptism is.   I am really excited I get to be baptized next year.   In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen Faith Parker’s Talk   2/16/20   Today, my talk is going to be about f...