Well, I had another Pregnant lady emotional breakdown this week. You see, Jeff's favorite meal in the whole world is Turkey and Mashed Potatoes. Maceys, the grocery store, gives out Turkey bucks the whole month of November for you to use toward the purchas of a Turkey there. Well, we did not buy our actual Thanksgiving Turkey there because the family insisted on a ButterBall. Unfortunatly, that Turkey was so great, we had no leftovers which made us very sad. We decided since it was Jeff's favorite meal, we would use our Turkey Bucks to buy another one. We headed off to the store to find one and of course all they had left were 23 lbs or bigger. We bought it and were excited about it.
We decided we would cook it Sunday and have a nice Sunday meal together and have fun making it together. I was already concerned because although I had now cooked 2 Turkeys prior to this Turkey, this was my first one all alone. All was going according to plan. The Turkey was done when we got home from church, unfortunately, Jeff did not come home with me. Because of Tithing Settlements he had to stay. This was fine at first, but as soon as I realized the turkey was much to huge for me to lift out of the oven, I started to get frustrated and very upset. I didn't want to take it out, because I didn't want it to get cold, but I knew I couldn't keep it in there because then it would over cook and be all dry and yucky. I didn't know what to do! In the mean time, I found out that the brothers were coming over as well as two close friends. So now I am cooking a Thanksgiving meal for 5 hungry boys on Fast Sunday without any help at all. Now I am not a perfectionist in everything I do, but when I cook for other people, I want to make sure it is perfect, delicious, and pretty.
NOTE: I feel so silly writing about this now, because everything turned out great, but I was soooooo upset at the time.
Anyway, I got a hold of Jeff to come home and help me take the Turkey out of the oven, but then he was off again to finish up. I started cooking everything else, Mashed Potatoes, Stuffing, Yams, Gravy, Vegetables, etc. Jeff Said he had to be there until 3:30, So I had everything planned to be done at 3:30 so we could eat right away. Well, come 3:30 I'm still the only person home, Jeff hadn't left the church yet, and the brothers still needed a ride. I was so upset that everything was going to be cold I went straight to the bedroom and just cried and cried.
They came home to me just laying there on the bed crying. Anyway, everything turned out fine and there is this wonderful invention called the MICROWAVE that heated everything that had gotten cold right up. It turned out being a great day. We had lots of fun as we ate and visited. We also played games till pretty late. It was a great day filled with an intermitten pregnant breakdown. But it happens I guess. Luckily my family and friends love me! And are very understanding, perhaps it was because they were just grateful for the free food. lol, who really knows. Either way, I love them all! And now we know for sure that I can make a Thanksgiving meal all on my own!

Comments
http://joeprose.typepad.com/my_weblog/2008/11/a-warm-thanksgi.html