Skip to main content

November Photo Dump

I'm determined to catch up and finally have some motivation.  So here is my NOVEMBER photo dump, which this month happens to be more like an Insta-dump since most of the pictures are from Instagam.  O-well, at least this way they'll get printed rather than float around in cyberspace forever.

Happy Thanksgiving!
This year we started out watching daddy play football and exploring a nearby park we never go to.  I was surprised at how much the kids enjoyed watching the guys play football.  And now every time we drive by that field the kids shout, "That's where my dad plays football!"
We cleaned up and got ready for Thanksgiving dinner.  This year we spent it with the Score side of the family.  It was low-key and quite and so nice to just be together.  Jeff of course loved every minute of it, Thanksgiving dinner is his favorite meal!  Can you tell he like mashed potatoes?  I was in charge of bringing The sweet potatoes and brought the famous Ruth's Chris recipe that is TO DIE FOR!!  It is honestly more like a desert than a side.  Overall a super nice day full of gratitude and love.

This picture cracks me up! Are they dancing or playing football? 

Captured this moment as we were about to sit down to dinner.
Despite how much they fight, they sure do love each other.

Today I am especially Thankful for my Best Friend/Hubby/Father of my kids/Partner in Crime/Spiritual Rock/Provider/All around coolest dude I know.  So blessed to spend everyday with this guy.

Little miss turned 4 months.  Here are some outtakes from her monthly pics that CRACKED ME UP!

Today I am thankful for generous people.  We went to lunch with the hubs today and after I thought I'd get the kids a special treat.  We sampled some gelato and decided on a flavor to share but as I was ordering I realized I forgot my wallet at home.  I said thanks for the samples and started on my way when the sweet lady said she would give it to us anyway.  Grateful for kind people in the world and simple acts of service and it reminded me how great it feels o receive such service.  I need to give it more often!

Have you ever just looked at your kids in awe and wonder?  They truly are little miracles and a major blessing.  So lucky to have them call me Mommy.

Today I am grateful for an unexpected visit from the street sweeper.  I was out raking waist deep in leaves and then I heard him coming.  Thank you street sweeper!  I still ave LOTS of work to do but it sure helped a ton!

Fall fun with the leftover leaves including but not limited to: Big jumps, leaf angles, burying mommy, leaf fights, and lots of laughing.  And apparently watching P jump in the leaves is hilarious because every time he did Riley would crack up.  Made my heart so happy.

While getting the tires looked at I decided to stroll over to Costco and pick up the essentials forgetting the essentials take up a lot of space!  Thank goodness I only had one kid and I forgot to put the baby sling away which was hiding in my purse.

Walking Joys:  our favorite "silly tree" and finding a tree that had every color from dark green to dark red and every color in between.

We were selected to host a House Party for Lego Duplo.  When the party pack arrived in the mail the kids were ECSTATIC! We had such a fun party and the kids are now reaping the benefits of being the host.  We love House Party!

I'm so glad when daddy comes home!
Dad rarely gets home before bedtime.  Today we knew he was on his way so I let the kids stay up late to have story time with dad. Look at the look on her face!  She sure loves her daddy.

Soaking in as much daddy time before he has to leave on another trip.  :(  Luckily we will all be heading to Pismo the following week so that will be fun!

These two had 3 of their best friends over and all of their hidden & favorite toys out and this is what I caught them doing.  Love my little readers!

Little miss is getting too big for this sling, yet once I manage to squeeze her in she loves it.

Had the kids sort their own clothes today 100% on their own.  P did it so fast and OCD like and 40 minutes later I'm still waiting on Em.  Teaching responsibility takes a lot of patience!

Oh to have an imagination like a child.  I was tidying up while the kids were playing outside and when I caught a glimpse of what they were doing I just stopped and starred.  I love this so much!  I also love their obsession with PJs.  Cracks me up!

I'm laughing so hard right now.  This girl may push my buttons but she sure is the light of my life.

And she is an amazing climber!  Just look at that focus.

One of my best friends in the whole wide world was able to sneak in once last visit before moving across the country.  Our get together are going to be less frequent, but our hearts will still be close.  Love you J!

Just another day in Paradise.  I seriously love my life!

Comments

Amanda Duke said…
I love the silly tree. After my mom passed we were going through a lot of stuff. Our really good friends found one of those tree faces in our shed that my mom must have bought at one point or another. It's now on their tree in their backyard and every time we are out on their deck we see it and think of my mom. I love that something so silly can have so much meaning!

Popular posts from this blog

What to pack . . .

So now that he really could come ANY DAY I figured it was probably time for me to pack my bag. I of course have one of those "What to bring" checklist, but I was wondering what your thoughts where. Is there anything you wish you had brought but didn't? Is there anything you would have died without if you hadn't brought it? I'm just so clueless! A few tips from you experienced mothers would be greatly appreciated!! I cant believe it is so close!!

Have you noticed?

I need a haircut ASAP! This is me saying, "I'll smile if you ignore my hair." Don't get me wrong, I am really excited I have long hair, I love having long hair , but it needs a little TLC. It has been a few months since I have even got a trim and I am still re-couping from a not so good hair cut. The last few times I have really CUT my hair, not just a trim, I was not pleased with the results. Now it would probably help if I was willing to pay more than $10 for a hair cut . . . but I'm Mrs. High Pockets as my father calls me and it is really hard for me to spend money on my hair. So I need your help! What do you think I should do? Before you make any suggestions you should know: It MUST be able to go back into a ponytail!!!!!!! My hair is STICK STRAIGHT My hair will not curl to save my life (via over night curls, hot curls, even curling irons, they just don't work) I want and need something EASY! I do not like to spend time on my hair and I don...

No Use Crying Over Spilled Milk . . .

So being an emotional pregnant woman is definitely taking its tole on both me and Jeff (what a wonderful, patient, and understanding man he is). Saturday morning I was so excited because for the first time in weeks we actually had a morning together. I had planned to make us a delicious breakfast just like my dad always did for me. We had Eggs, Hashbrowns, and even Bacon; we were so excited. So I started cooking the bacon first, knowing it would take the longest. Then when I thought they were close to being done, Jeff started cooking the eggs and I threw on the hashbrowns. Well, needless to say, the eggs finished super fast and the others were not even close. And then to add more to my frustration the pan I was using for the hashbrowns was awful! Despite my many tablespoons of butter the entire thing was completely stuck! I switched pans in the middle to try to save them. In the meantime Jeff ate his eggs so they wouldn't get cold. I insisted on waiting so I could eat th...