It is a miracle, I actually finished up some crafts! This first one I started working on over a year ago, how pathetic is that! I had all the supplies I just never finished. Sometimes I don't understand myself. O-well. I can be proud now because I finished it and I LOVE IT! It was inspired from this blog post. I had my friend Liz help me cut out the leaves & the "fall", I hand cut the tree, used my cricut to cut out the rest of the letters. A little mod podge and bam! You have a lovely piece of fall decor. It really came out great, the picture does not do it justice.
This one has kind of been in the works for a while. I've had the bottles sitting around for a while planning on doing something with them, saw this idea a while back and decided that was what I wanted to do. I was headed to my friend Liz's house to work on another project and asked her to cut some vinyl for me for this project too. Isn't she the best! I was debating what word to use, Fall, or just Thanks, but then I counted and I was only one bottle shy of having enough for Give Thanks, which I liked the best. Since my husband never objects to having root beer in the house I knew it wouldn't be a problem to get some more. :) After we cut the letters I headed over to Beverly's Craft and bought the wheat bundle.
I love how it came out. It looked perfect on my mantle/half wall/whatever you call it. The only thing I would do different would be to use off-white instead of pure white. I still might try and age it with some brown ink or paint... we'll see. I'm still very excited about it!
I found this adorable Thanksgiving advent that was made out of felt and was planning on putting it together for next year until I found this one that was made out of paper. I liked it a lot more for lots of reasons, the main one being that we could focus more on the gratitude part of Thanksgiving rather than just counting down the numbers. Each day we added a new feather and wrote down something we were thankful for. The kids LOVED IT! They always wanted to do more than one feather. And it was fun to hear them all month going up to people and asking them what they were thankful for. I'm pleased with how it came out. I did it all myself. I'm not gonna lie, I kind of impressed myself. I am NOT an artist, I usually stick to stick figures when it comes to drawing, but i busted out the pencil and scissors and this is how it came out. :) Go me!
This next one I have to give all credit to my friend Liz. She texted me in the morning a picture of this and asked what I thought. I replied that I LOVED IT and wanted to make one. I just happened to have a piece of wood that was perfect for it. She was kind enough to let me come over and cut out all the pieces and even gave me the paint she used. Started and finished in one day... it's a miracle! Needless to say I LOVED how it came out. I had some issued with the sparkles and some areas are a little more dense then others, but I still love it! Again, the picture does not do it justice. I'm pretty sure this was the inspiration behind it, but I think I like ours better. :)
Here's to hoping this craft spree I am on continues. Heaven knows I have a million things on Christmas Pinterest board. I'm actually in the middle of making this one right now. I don't know why, but I love it. And there are still a few Thanksgiving crafts that I didn't get to in time this year. This one I also started a year (and a half) ago. I have all the supplies, I just have to sit down and do it. Isn't this the cutest little turkey! I love 2X4 crafts!
| photo and tutorial from U Create |
Side note: GRRRR! I just ran out of photo space and despite the fact that I just deleted 2 posts it still would not let me upload my last two pictures. But I didn't want to copy and past this into the new account because it had a million links that I would have to re-do. So here you have most of the post and I'll post the last two pics shortly.


Comments