Skip to main content

File Folder Games

Before we left Utah my mom and I were wondering around The Quilted Bear and found some awesome books! There were tons of them filled with ideas and activities for kids. We narrowed it down to these two ... believe me, it was hard to do! I really wanted all of them!


Well since buying these books, Em was born, we moved back out here, and life has just been crazy. When I was cleaning out my (someday) Craft Room I found them and decided to finally do them. This past 2 weeks I have been coloring, cutting, and laminating all night long. Jeff has been such an awesome helper too, he is quite the cutting pro if I do say so myself. I'm happy to announce that this week we finished 12 file folder games! I'm so excited for church on Sunday, P is going to LOVE them!!

Here they are!!
Don't they look so fun!

The ones we did were:
  • Grandpa's Garden - matching colors & shapes of veggies
  • Lehi Liahona Letters - matching letters
  • Sheep Sorters - matching numbers to the number of dots
  • Nephi's Ship Shapes - Matching Shapes
  • Family Faces - putting the right face on the right body (grandma, baby, dad, etc)
  • Catch a Color - Matching the right colors together
  • Mormon Match - Kinda like a puzzle
  • Grandma's Grab Bag - Putting the items back where they belong
  • A Pioneer Picture - Shapes in the picture
  • Cool Tools - Putting the tools back in the right spot
  • Count your Blessing - Another matching dots with the correct number
  • LDS...ABC's - Matching pictures with the first letter of what it is (for example, put the temple on the "T")
  • Joseph's Crazy Coat of many colors (this is all done too except it needs velcro)
There are still a few more in the book. Lots of bingo type games and a few others that would be good for kids a little older than mine. But really, I'm so excited. I want to buy the rest of them and make them right now. It was such an easy fun project to do while watching a movie or show and fun to work together with my hubby. What a guy!

If you are interested in making some let me know. I already have the books so might as well share the love! You can just make copies of the ones you want. Also, if you are interested in buying some for yourself (I think there are 10+ different books) here is their website. They also sell them at Deseret Book (scroll down a little and you'll see them). Also, if any of you have a different one and want to swap for a little, that would be awesome! :) And really, if you want to make a copy of any of these, let me know! I'm happy to share.

Comments

April J. said…
I do actually have a book, I will let you borrow it whenever you want! I have not made any but I was jealous of the McClellan Clan when she pulled out her bage FULL of them for the grandkids!
I LOVE the Finch Family activities. I just bought myself a CD-Rom with something like 30 of the file folder games. Now I just need to make the time to do them.

Popular posts from this blog

What to pack . . .

So now that he really could come ANY DAY I figured it was probably time for me to pack my bag. I of course have one of those "What to bring" checklist, but I was wondering what your thoughts where. Is there anything you wish you had brought but didn't? Is there anything you would have died without if you hadn't brought it? I'm just so clueless! A few tips from you experienced mothers would be greatly appreciated!! I cant believe it is so close!!

Have you noticed?

I need a haircut ASAP! This is me saying, "I'll smile if you ignore my hair." Don't get me wrong, I am really excited I have long hair, I love having long hair , but it needs a little TLC. It has been a few months since I have even got a trim and I am still re-couping from a not so good hair cut. The last few times I have really CUT my hair, not just a trim, I was not pleased with the results. Now it would probably help if I was willing to pay more than $10 for a hair cut . . . but I'm Mrs. High Pockets as my father calls me and it is really hard for me to spend money on my hair. So I need your help! What do you think I should do? Before you make any suggestions you should know: It MUST be able to go back into a ponytail!!!!!!! My hair is STICK STRAIGHT My hair will not curl to save my life (via over night curls, hot curls, even curling irons, they just don't work) I want and need something EASY! I do not like to spend time on my hair and I don...

No Use Crying Over Spilled Milk . . .

So being an emotional pregnant woman is definitely taking its tole on both me and Jeff (what a wonderful, patient, and understanding man he is). Saturday morning I was so excited because for the first time in weeks we actually had a morning together. I had planned to make us a delicious breakfast just like my dad always did for me. We had Eggs, Hashbrowns, and even Bacon; we were so excited. So I started cooking the bacon first, knowing it would take the longest. Then when I thought they were close to being done, Jeff started cooking the eggs and I threw on the hashbrowns. Well, needless to say, the eggs finished super fast and the others were not even close. And then to add more to my frustration the pan I was using for the hashbrowns was awful! Despite my many tablespoons of butter the entire thing was completely stuck! I switched pans in the middle to try to save them. In the meantime Jeff ate his eggs so they wouldn't get cold. I insisted on waiting so I could eat th...