I told P that I wasn't going to be here tomorrow to play with him but that he would have so much fun with Daddy, and Granny, and Grandma & Grandpa. I thought he wouldn't think much of it, but his reply was:
"Mommy, Don't Go." Said in such a sweet, quiet, sincere voice it almost brought me to tears.
Instead I chuckled (you had to see his facial expression to understand the chuckle) and asked why not. And then he said, "Because I love you Mommy."
Almost made me change my mind. Such a cutie!
He then kept saying it, "Don't go Mommy, because I love you."
I was hoping to be asleep an hour and a half ago ... o-well. 2 am is going to come REALLY quickly!
I still can't believe it is already here. I am filled with much excitement and nervousness. But honestly I cant stop thinking about how the kids will do. It is so ironic to me too because the past two days have been the kind of days that make me want to go on a month long vacay without the kiddos and yet at the same time, if I even step foot out the door for 10 seconds and am longing to see their adorable little faces and ask them what they did those whole 10 seconds I was gone. And then also there are great moments like today with P that make me want to just hold them and never let go. Being a mom really is something else. It tries us to our cores no doubt about it, but there truly is no better job in the world! I'm going to miss my little rascals while I'm out on this adventure. No doubt I will be thinking about them the whole time, but I am excited to get out there, be me, have fun, and run. What a great adventure it will be! I'll be sure to tell you all about!
I'm so anxious about so many things! I hope I can fall asleep tonight.
Wish me luck!
Comments