Skip to main content

Have you heard?

So I am the kind of person who likes to blog hop looking for fun ideas for the kids, for craft tutorials, for home decor ideas which used to mean I would have 20+ windows open at a time so I would remember that I wanted to do something I found on some blog who knows how long ago. This would drive the hubs crazy, not to mention slow down the computer so I would end up emailing myself all the links and try to remember to go back and see why I saved it in the first place.

That was until one of my wonderful friends introduced me to:


I might possible be the most amazing Internet idea yet. It is a place to catalog and organize all the sweet stuff you find online. I originally got it for crafting purposes, but now have much more than that. Click here to get an idea, this is my boards and pins. There are so many sweet ideas around and here I can follow other people and save what they find. Seriously, I LOVE this site! I even got Jeff hooked! I must admit, I am a little addicted to it. It is so fun getting ideas, imagining our dream home, finding sweet crafts, and even inspirational quotes. Some of which really stick with me, for example:

If something is important to you, you'll find a way if it isn't, you'll find an excuse.

This quote has hit me hard and got me thinking a lot. Seriously, it applies to EVERYTHING! From stuff around the house, to going places, to helping people, even Visiting Teaching! It helped me see just how many excuses I make! "I really wanted to BUT....." If I REALLY TRULY wanted to, then I would have made it happen. Some life changing stuff on here! Ha ha! So kidding, but kinda not. I have found some AWESOME stuff on here. Recipes to try. Game to play with my kids. Photography idea. I LOVE LOVE LOVE this thing!

So, if you haven't heard and you think you might be interested, let me know. I think I have invites to give out. I have yet to invite anyone. So, jump aboard the pinterest train. I LOVE IT!

Totally a random post, but I just wanted people to know about it if they hadn't heard about it yet.

On a side note, I am now starting week 3 of 4 of my husbandless journey. This weekend was extra awesome because we didn't really have anything we HAD to do. We just spent it together as a family, and it was fabulous! Even if we did spend all Saturday morning working in the yard, and cleaning out the cars. There is just something great about working hard with and for the ones you love, it gave me just the boost I needed to start this week.

Life is good. I am so blessed. Not to mention it is Easter. But I'll save that for another post.


Christos Anesti!!

Comments

A.Doman said…
Becca, I SO want an invite! I heard about this site awhile ago and then forgot. My email is ashepkey@gmail.com... I totally am just like you BEFORE the pinterest, haha!
erin said…
I found this on another bloggers site and wanted in so bad!! Can you give me the invite?! erinlee16@gmail.com

Thanks a million! and I love your blog, sounds like life is treating you well :)
Tammie said…
Becca, I want an invite. I bet Lindsey does too.. My email is tnatter@yahoo.com
Rachel said…
I'm so glad life is going so well. You're halfway done of the crazy time! Way to go, Rebecca! I'm so impressed with your positive and happy attitude. :)
Unknown said…
I love your blog!! I cannot get over how beautiful your kiddo's are!! Crazy how much has changed in the five years since Nauvoo or how much has changed because of it!!
heather said…
I've been told a ton about this, but haven't made the jump to using it. Can you send me an invite?!? I'd love to follow your lead. :)

Love ya!!
Merkley Jiating said…
I have never heard of that! Interesting...
I saw this once but had no idea how to start it- are there any invites left? If not, is there someone who got an invite who would invite me lol? Been thinking about you being on your own- I am saying some extra prayers! 'Cause girl do I know how you feel!!!

Popular posts from this blog

What to pack . . .

So now that he really could come ANY DAY I figured it was probably time for me to pack my bag. I of course have one of those "What to bring" checklist, but I was wondering what your thoughts where. Is there anything you wish you had brought but didn't? Is there anything you would have died without if you hadn't brought it? I'm just so clueless! A few tips from you experienced mothers would be greatly appreciated!! I cant believe it is so close!!

Have you noticed?

I need a haircut ASAP! This is me saying, "I'll smile if you ignore my hair." Don't get me wrong, I am really excited I have long hair, I love having long hair , but it needs a little TLC. It has been a few months since I have even got a trim and I am still re-couping from a not so good hair cut. The last few times I have really CUT my hair, not just a trim, I was not pleased with the results. Now it would probably help if I was willing to pay more than $10 for a hair cut . . . but I'm Mrs. High Pockets as my father calls me and it is really hard for me to spend money on my hair. So I need your help! What do you think I should do? Before you make any suggestions you should know: It MUST be able to go back into a ponytail!!!!!!! My hair is STICK STRAIGHT My hair will not curl to save my life (via over night curls, hot curls, even curling irons, they just don't work) I want and need something EASY! I do not like to spend time on my hair and I don...

No Use Crying Over Spilled Milk . . .

So being an emotional pregnant woman is definitely taking its tole on both me and Jeff (what a wonderful, patient, and understanding man he is). Saturday morning I was so excited because for the first time in weeks we actually had a morning together. I had planned to make us a delicious breakfast just like my dad always did for me. We had Eggs, Hashbrowns, and even Bacon; we were so excited. So I started cooking the bacon first, knowing it would take the longest. Then when I thought they were close to being done, Jeff started cooking the eggs and I threw on the hashbrowns. Well, needless to say, the eggs finished super fast and the others were not even close. And then to add more to my frustration the pan I was using for the hashbrowns was awful! Despite my many tablespoons of butter the entire thing was completely stuck! I switched pans in the middle to try to save them. In the meantime Jeff ate his eggs so they wouldn't get cold. I insisted on waiting so I could eat th...